News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

We're lucky this was a southern rather than a northern airport so the weight difference wasn't that huge.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Birmingham is southern now?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Infantilization of women at its worst.  :(

Sheilbh

Inquest hears that a Russian exiled critic of Putin (and friend of Berezovsky and Litvinenko) who apparently committed suicide in his London home was, in fact, murdered and it was made to look like a suicide:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/09/murder-kremlin-critic-london-made-look-like-suicide-nikolai-glushkov

No suspects :(
Let's bomb Russia!

alfred russel

Or more accurately, no suspects beyond those that we can't mention out loud for diplomatic reasons?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

Not sure. The Met identified the guys they think is behind the Litvinenko and Skripal murders (not least to sanction them).

I just think it's easier to trace individuals carrying polonium or a chemical weapon than people who just strangled someone and then made it look like a suicide.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

I hate to put out conspiracy theories, but is there any possibility that this was a hit sanctioned by Kremlin?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Duque de Bragança

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2021, 11:59:48 AM
R.I.P. D.M.X.  :(

Is there any possibility this was also a hit sanctioned by the Kremlin? No? Ok.   :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Via Ben Judah - this poll's a disaster for the French Left:

Only candidates of the centre (to please Yi) and centre-right can win. I feel like I've read a lot about the risk of the left abstaining in the second round v, say, Macron. You can see the impact of that on his numbers v his election. I've read far fewer articles about the risk of the centre/centre-right voting for Le Pen against a left-wing candidate <_<

Again - European centre right liberals as the gateway drug to the far right <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 11, 2021, 09:27:44 AM
Again - European centre left liberals as the gateway drug to the far right <_<

Fixed!
If that's a potshot at Macron.  :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 11, 2021, 09:43:29 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 11, 2021, 09:27:44 AM
Again - European centre left liberals as the gateway drug to the far right <_<

Fixed!
If that's a potshot at Macron.  :P
At Macron - but also Dutch liberals, Danish liberals, Spanish liberals - the FDP's pitch for AFD voters too. There's a trend.
Let's bomb Russia!