News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Prices were in the 30s. US was ordered via Etsy, not Amazon.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Apparently Japan has created something like the "Ministry of Loneliness and Social Isolation" or somesuch, in response of the increasing number of people affected by those issues as a result of Covid-enforced restrictions.

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Larch on February 12, 2021, 05:40:09 PM
Apparently Japan has created something like the "Ministry of Loneliness and Social Isolation" or somesuch, in response of the increasing number of people affected by those issues as a result of Covid-enforced restrictions.

Give them all accounts here.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 12, 2021, 05:42:06 PM

Give them all accounts here.

When on Languish, you're never alone? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

"Ministry of Loneliness" would make an awesome band name. 😄
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Not nearly as cool as Love Jihad.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on February 12, 2021, 06:15:10 PM

"Ministry of Loneliness" would make an awesome band name. 😄

Found the emo.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Is it a 1990s industrial metal band or a 1980s British new wave band? - feel could be either with that name.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on February 13, 2021, 04:51:09 AM
Is it a 1990s industrial metal band or a 1980s British new wave band? - feel could be either with that name.

Actually, early Ministry (With Sympathy) could fit both musical genres, not the latter nationality, obviously.  :P

mongers

Love this:

There is an old medical aphorism for this: when you hear hoofbeats, don't look for zebras.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

From the Economist: 1 in 10 French people have experienced incest (including step parents).

Eddie Teach

Yet Alabama gets to be the brunt of all the jokes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 14, 2021, 12:11:19 PM
From the Economist: 1 in 10 French people have experienced incest (including step parents).

What's the definition of incest used?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.