News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Navalny may already be dead for all we know.  Pretty much the only thing that can save him is a fall of the Putin government.  That's not likely to happen, but a man can dream.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on January 23, 2021, 03:25:16 PM
Actually, I just went further into the video, and it gets closer literally.  There is a winery on the grounds of Putin's palace, and one toilet brush for the toilet there cost $1000.  That's not for the toilet in the palace itself, it's just for toilet in the winery on the premises.

The Pentagon: finally, a worthy opponent. Our battle will be legendary.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on January 23, 2021, 02:33:12 PM
Holy shit, I just watched Navalny's video, the first hour anyway.  May he rest in peace.

I watched the Medvedev one back in 2017 and it was pretty damning. I expect this is even worse.

Josquius

What do you get if you put a bunch of LGBT people in a line?

An LGBTQ
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jacob on January 23, 2021, 08:26:37 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 23, 2021, 02:33:12 PM
Holy shit, I just watched Navalny's video, the first hour anyway.  May he rest in peace.

I watched the Medvedev one back in 2017 and it was pretty damning. I expect this is even worse.

It's double-damning. At least.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I don't think Finland has park rangers. So I guess they're technically not wrong. :hmm:

Syt

Then who sweeps the forests to prevent fires and tree explosions?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on January 25, 2021, 05:11:28 AM

The little people? idk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on January 25, 2021, 05:37:09 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 25, 2021, 05:11:28 AM

The little people? idk

We need to ask Finntroll.

Sheilbh

Quite a sweet story being shared in the UK about Park Ji-Hyun, who is a North Korean defector and running as a Tory candidate in Bury Council. Apparently she's the first North Korean to run for any office in the UK :)

Sadly she's in a solidly Lib Dem ward so probably won't win <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Every day on Twitter I get a uplifting words from Mr T.  Often, but not always, with a Bible quote.

Yes, THAT Mr T.  His description reads "Footballer, Wrestler, Soldier, Bouncer, Bodyguard & actor. Professional Pitier Of Fools.". 

:)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 25, 2021, 10:12:03 AM
Quite a sweet story being shared in the UK about Park Ji-Hyun, who is a North Korean defector and running as a Tory candidate in Bury Council. Apparently she's the first North Korean to run for any office in the UK :)

Escaped north Korea and joined the freaking tories.... Pff.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 25, 2021, 10:12:03 AM

Well clearly that is her fault for not seeing the truth that the Lib Dems represent -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

While technically true, not sure I would count Scheel in Germany, as he only filled in for 9 days between Brandt and Schmidt.
—Stephen Jay Gould