News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

My hair is now, finally, long enough to be all tied together in one bun.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Finally got my new oven installed.  I've gone three years without an oven.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

I'll be getting my regular trim later this week. How come is it so difficult for you to get one? I only had issues during the hard lockdown period last spring.

Sheilbh

Barbers are closed again here I think - and I think in London they were closed in November and then when we went into Tier 4. So I missed the one week window to get my hair cut :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

My mam did a big hair cut on me just before christmas. Cut off way too much but I guess that was a good thing, I should be fine until late summer.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

My barber is closed, too. My hair is still ok, but I hope they reopen throughout February  :lol:

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on January 20, 2021, 11:15:27 AM
Finally got my new oven installed.  I've gone three years without an oven.

:cool:

But Raz, please don't go around telling people, "after three years of trying I've finally got something/one in the oven"

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Savonarola

And yet another list of:

The Best Sandwich in Every State

The Florida choice, The Cuban Sandwich at The Columbia in Tampa, is something of a controversial pick since they put salami on their sandwich, while in most parts of Florida that is not done.

For Michigan, Corned Beef or Reuben sandwiches are the best in my opinion, but curiously all the delis they mention are in the city of Detroit rather than the Jewish neighborhoods in the northern suburbs.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Tonitrus

For the UK (honorable mention), my usual go-to to-go sandwiches are either a Ploughman or an Egg & Cress.  :P

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 21, 2021, 04:53:26 PM
For the UK (honorable mention), my usual go-to to-go sandwiches are either a Ploughman or an Egg & Cress.  :P

Egg and Cress it a classic.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 21, 2021, 04:53:26 PM
The best UK sandwich is a pie barm in Wigan :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

I had to look that up...that might be more English.  In Scotland, it could well be slapping some haggis in-between a couple pieces of bread.  :P

Josquius

My dad worked in Wigan a year or two back.
He says it's one of the worst places on the planet. Absolute knackers yard.
And he's very used to the rough places up here.
I dread to tread.

Ham and pease pudding would be our local sandwich. I do not approve. Stotties are however excellent.
██████
██████
██████

Oexmelin

Never had a pastrami sandwich in the US that could compete with a Montreal smoked meat sandwich.

Of those on the list, I have had Central Grocery's muffaletta, which I love (though you can find as good elsewhere in the city); the R.I. broccoli sandwich, which is indeed delicious (and which now I crave :( ); the Virginia country ham sandwich in Richmond, which is also really nice and Hattie B's spicy chicken sandwich in Nashville, which I found disappointing. 

Provel is an abomination. 
Que le grand cric me croque !

Threviel

Gets me hungry, most of them look real tasty. What's the deal with not one sandwich made with rye bread?