And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on November 17, 2020, 03:51:11 PM
I managed to finish 3rd as Lincoln in 1860  :lol:

I finally forced it to the House of Representatives in a position to win as Stephen Douglas in 1860! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I mean I know Lincoln is not acceptable to you Breckinridge people and I know Breckinridge is not acceptable to you Lincoln people so why not go for me, the Little Giant, Stephen Douglas? Too bad that Bell guy came in 4th and so cannot be here with us today.

Sure this was a catastrophic result for America but I worked damn hard to get it. President Stephen Douglas is sure to lead us into disastrous times!

BEST. GAME. EVER.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Merkel has been chancellor for 15 years, here's a comparison with other countries, and the head coaches of FC Schalke 04.  :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Need quick advice.

How much do I tip an Uber Eats guy?  Bill including $5 delivery fee is $42.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 22, 2020, 08:26:43 PM
Need quick advice.

How much do I tip an Uber Eats guy?  Bill including $5 delivery fee is $42.
If the question is still relevant now, the answer is nothing.

Sheilbh

I tip Deliveroo man £2 or £1 if it's super-close. According to friends who Deliveroo almost no-one tips.

Edit: So I'm basically a saint :goodboy:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Interesting.  I gave him two clams.

Can I assume you guys tip the pizza delivery guy?

Sheilbh

I assume so. But I don't know, to be honest I don't think I'd ever had delivery before Deliveroo :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

Fuck yeah I tip them.  They might be mighty stupid, but they brought me my (food, pizza (sort of food), something else that my neighbor said was damn good food but it looks like nothing edible) and they deserve a couple of bucks.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

I tip them, usually €2. You can tip them electronically here, but my understanding is that they get those tips paid in bulk by the company, and they don't get a notification that you tipped them, so they might still think you're an ass for not tipping.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on November 23, 2020, 12:56:02 AM
I tip them, usually €2. You can tip them electronically here, but my understanding is that they get those tips paid in bulk by the company, and they don't get a notification that you tipped them, so they might still think you're an ass for not tipping.
Yeah - I'd find tipping in person very awkward, also I normally don't have cash.

I've been thanked for tipping by a few Deliveroo guys so I think they must get some form of notification.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

When you tip as part of the online payment that's taxed in Germany. Cash goes straight to their pocket.

Syt

One of my favorite Twitter accounts is Tatsuya Tanaka: https://twitter.com/tanaka_tatsuya

He builds little dioramas using everyday objects and miniatures (they look like H0 figures you would get for railroad dioramas).

—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

I like the mah jong and the rice paddy.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.