News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Thank you kindly. I shall now diligently write, or write in a manner approximating diligence.

I don't really like Charlemagne, but I do like Einhard. It's a good work.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 18, 2011, 09:45:01 PM
There is an unusually elevated amount of noise from the college's coloured population, which even with the windows closed was getting to be a bit much for me to productively work on a paper about Einhard's Life of Charlemagne.

I accordingly went to the library- where a mess of black folks are clustered around one monitor in uproariously laughter, with facebook up.

This is two spots away from me- the outrage. The library should be a place of learning and scholarly effort.

There is no sanctum from the savage beasts, half-devil and half child.

Is this Lettow's take on that racist college girl in LA? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Willie Don, who turned a shithole of a city into a prettier, more touristy, shithole of a  city, has passed on.

QuoteWilliam Donald Schaefer, the dominant political figure of the last half-century of Maryland history, died Monday after a "do-it-now" career that changed the face of Baltimore while bringing a new burst of energy to the city he loved.

Mr. Schaefer was 89.

n four terms as mayor and two as governor, he was a champion of big projects that transformed Baltimore: Harborplace, Camden Yards, the National Aquarium, the Convention Center and the light rail among them. Yet he was also intensely involved with the mundane details of city neighborhoods. As mayor, he would patrol the city at night and on weekends, calling city officials to demand immediate action to fill a pothole or clean a garbage-strewn alley.

And all the fags could learn a thing or two about Willie Don, who didn't let his gayness define who he was.  He had more important things to worry about.

The Larch

QuoteAs mayor, he would patrol the city at night and on weekends, calling city officials to demand immediate action to fill a pothole or clean a garbage-strewn alley.

So that's where Carcetti learnt his trade.  :lol: Seriously Seedy, you have to watch The Wire.

Slargos

Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2011, 11:36:01 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on April 18, 2011, 09:45:01 PM
There is an unusually elevated amount of noise from the college's coloured population, which even with the windows closed was getting to be a bit much for me to productively work on a paper about Einhard's Life of Charlemagne.

I accordingly went to the library- where a mess of black folks are clustered around one monitor in uproariously laughter, with facebook up.

This is two spots away from me- the outrage. The library should be a place of learning and scholarly effort.

There is no sanctum from the savage beasts, half-devil and half child.

Is this Lettow's take on that racist college girl in LA? :unsure:

Admiral Yi

After fatally shooting Robert Kennedy, Sirhan Sirhan was tackled by....George Plimpton.

Read this in "My Korean Deli."

Caliga

Yeah, I remember reading that once. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Sigh....cleaning up an old book shelf found a copy of TalonSoft's East Front II Players Guide. Remember when we used to get 240 page manuals with games? Now we just get a PDF file.  :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Slargos

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 18, 2011, 10:11:39 PM
They do. I weary immensely of the South, which is why I am going on a vision quest to the west.

Holy crap, I have something in common with Lettow. : /
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 18, 2011, 10:11:39 PM
They do. I weary immensely of the South, which is why I am going on a vision quest to the west.
:unsure:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on April 19, 2011, 03:05:51 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=70f_1303178904

Cops delivering a bit of highway education.  :lol:
:lol: I saw that one before.  New Jersey State Troopers are cool for the most part.  I have a feeling you'd love their uniforms as well.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on April 19, 2011, 03:26:01 PM
Quote from: Slargos on April 19, 2011, 03:05:51 PM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=70f_1303178904

Cops delivering a bit of highway education.  :lol:
:lol: I saw that one before.  New Jersey State Troopers are cool for the most part.  I have a feeling you'd love their uniforms as well.

lulz. It agrees with me.  :lol:

Slargos

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=06d_1302640181

Swedes in a firefight in Afghanistan.

Quote from the final clip, "he ruined my long johns". Pretty solid guys.  :D

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: DGuller on April 19, 2011, 03:26:01 PM

Just because they let you off on a speeding ticket once does not make them "cool for the most part."  :P

Though, mercifully, I have never encountered them on the road.  Maybe because, when I was driving around NJ, I stuck to the "10-15 mph over the limit" standard of the right lane. 

Probably also because half the time I was sitting motionless in endless traffic jams.  :bleeding:   Oh, how I do not miss driving from Philadelphia to Queens or Long Island around any major holiday.  In 2008, it took me 3 hours just to get from the NJ Turnpike over the Goethals and Verrazano, and over 8 hours total.  :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:   And stopping to pay the freaking 35 cent tolls on the Garden State.  :bleeding:  And the AC Expressway turning into long, baking parking lot on any summer weekend.  :bleeding:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)