Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

The tories are the ones who are happy with the current situation :contract:
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

What do you think should be done Squeeze?  :)

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 16, 2020, 10:20:45 AM
What do you think should be done Squeeze?  :)

So many things.
Shoot brexit out of a cannon, better transport, better education (Dutch system plz), cheaper transport for kids, better unemployment system for post education,, tax breaks and other enticements for business setting up in less desirable places, move towards a more solid hub and spoke economic model, reform taxes on retail, regional devolution, etc...
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on January 16, 2020, 12:51:48 PM
better education (Dutch system plz)

Er, no. The Dutch system is in a lot of trouble. Increasing segregation, low-literacy and an alarming lack of teachers.

The Brain

Quote from: Maladict on January 17, 2020, 04:30:58 AM

Er, no. The Dutch system is in a lot of trouble. Increasing segregation, low-literacy and an alarming lack of teachers.

Do you have to read to work in the coal mines?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

No idea how it is in practice in the younger years. But in the teens it seems excellent. It's the system the UK tried and failed to have when we had grammar schools. Only without the 11+ as a once in a lifetime life or death test.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

https://twitter.com/mondomascots/status/892719525589798913

QuoteMeet Kan-chan, the enema/fig mascot of Ichijiku Corporation. (They sell enemas and fig-based medicine.)

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on January 17, 2020, 12:42:52 PM

No idea how it is in practice in the younger years. But in the teens it seems excellent. It's the system the UK tried and failed to have when we had grammar schools. Only without the 11+ as a once in a lifetime life or death test.

It was quite good, but it's been in serious decline for the last decade or so. And nobody seems to know why.

Syt

From the AfD group in a small town in Hesse. Translation:

"Germany is the only shrinking country in human history, but supposedly always aimed to rule the world.

The next losses of territory to Africa, the 3rd World and Turkey are quickly looming.

Good that we have the state organized "fight against the right", otherwise Germans would soon reach for world domination again."

Small text in the corner:

"Considering the historical development of the German nation which in its development only ever shrunk, I see no future for Germany. In the last quarter century alone, Germany's territory has been halved. Regardless of how the relations between the West and the Soviet Union might change, in the next 100 years the German nation will disappear from the maps." (Haven't been able to find a source for that quote.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Has he taken a look at Lithuania lately? Or Sudan, or Bolivia which used to have a coastline, or Mexico, etc.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Germany did not become a country until 1871.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Is Germany considered the legal successor of the HRE?  Otherwise, a great deal of this territory was never German.  If we are counting the loss of Territory conquered by the Nazis why not include Stalingrad or Paris?  If we are counting territory lost by the HRE then why not include Italy?  Bolzano is a bit puzzling since it was not lost by Germany but by Austria.

But these guys are crypto-Nazis so, you know, fuck them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I think it is. Via the North German Confederation.
Though I suppose Austria makes a lot more sense :hmm:

Stupid twisty logic anyway.
██████
██████
██████

dps

When was that from, anyway?  It talks about relations between the West and the Soviet Union, but the Soviet Union hasn't existed for almost 30 years now.

Syt

I looked up the original FB post, and the map quote says "1964", but not by whom. Was unable to text search for it.
—Stephen Jay Gould