News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

My wife will be there.  We'll be lucky if she doesn't trigger a war.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Ask her to bring you back a roasted guinea pig for supper.
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on November 07, 2017, 11:41:04 AM
My wife will be there.  We'll be lucky if she doesn't trigger a war.
Tell her to say hi to Martim.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2017, 03:46:35 PM
Haiku!

Excellent, thoughtful, very long article about social media and politics in The Economist.

1 of 5 tweets during the presidential campaign was generated by a bot.

Americans fart 3 million times a minute.  Americans "like" something 4 million times a minute.

I don't think I have ever "liked" anything. 

Ed Anger

Oh sweet Norco pills. How do I love thee? You make all of my pains fade. And when the time is right, you'll make me fade away.

Or a .357 round to the head. I haven't decided yet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 07, 2017, 08:53:27 PM
Oh sweet Norco pills. How do I love thee? You make all of my pains fade. And when the time is right, you'll make me fade away.

:hug:

Ed Anger

It's a shame what happened to that car. It was innocent.  :cry:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Archy

Quote from: celedhring on November 06, 2017, 10:15:07 AM
So, it looks like one of the contestants of the current edition of Big Brother in Spain attempted to sexually abuse another during a party inside the house, taking advantage of her drunkenness. The show's producers reported it to the police.

Just how thick you have to be to pull that kind of shit in a place where there are dozens of cameras working 24h/day.  :hmm:
Big Brother that's so nillies :hipster:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 07, 2017, 08:53:27 PM

You are going to take half your face off & not die with that glancing blow.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

Germany's Constitutional Court decided that there should be a third gender acknowledged by law in Germany.

QuoteThe provisions of civil status law are incompatible with the Basic Law's requirements to the extent that § 22(3) of the Civil Status Act (Personenstandsgesetz – PStG) does not provide for a third option - besides the entry "female" or "male", allowing for a positive gender entry. This is what the First Senate of the Federal Constitutional Court held in an order published today. The general right of personality (Art. 2(1) in conjunction with Art. 1(1) of the Basic Law, Grundgesetz – GG) also protects the gender identity of those who cannot be assigned either the gender "male" or "female" permanently. In addition, the current civil status law also violates the ban on discrimination (Art. 3(3) GG) to the extent that it rules out the registration of a gender other than "male" or "female". The legislature has to enact new provisions by 31 December 2018. Courts and public authorities may not apply the provisions at issue insofar as they impose an obligation on persons to state their gender if those persons' gender development deviates from female or male gender development and thus do not permanently identify as male or female.
http://www.bundesverfassungsgericht.de/SharedDocs/Pressemitteilungen/EN/2017/bvg17-095.html

Valmy

I thought German already had three genders.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring