News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

I almost posted in the weather thread that it hadn't rained today for the first time in weeks.. but then I noticed some dark clouds and well.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on November 06, 2017, 08:18:30 AM
No one has posted on Languish for nearly 8.5 hours!

Incorrect.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I've been seeing the first specks of snow here today.
And stupidly went to work without a coat.
The weekend had been fine :(
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Liep on November 05, 2017, 10:42:13 AM
How the royal family reacts to a guy being run down by a horse.

The old guy in back is disturbingly intrigued.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

So, it looks like one of the contestants of the current edition of Big Brother in Spain attempted to sexually abuse another during a party inside the house, taking advantage of her drunkenness. The show's producers reported it to the police.

Just how thick you have to be to pull that kind of shit in a place where there are dozens of cameras working 24h/day.  :hmm:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on November 06, 2017, 10:15:07 AM
So, it looks like one of the contestants of the current edition of Big Brother in Spain attempted to sexually abuse another during a party inside the house, taking advantage of her drunkenness. The show's producers reported it to the police.

Just how thick you have to be to pull that kind of shit in a place where there are dozens of cameras working 24h/day.  :hmm:

That guy didn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with.

CountDeMoney

Plenty of reality TV celebrities get away with all sorts of stuff.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2017, 11:04:14 AM

Plenty of reality TV celebrities get away with all sorts of stuff.

The forthcoming nuclear apocalypse for one.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Think of the ratings!  For the first 30 minutes at least.

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2017, 11:28:07 AM
Think of the ratings!  For the first 30 minutes at least.

Trump: "You know how much I like ratings"

The Minsky Moment

"I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me."
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Haiku!

Excellent, thoughtful, very long article about social media and politics in The Economist.

1 of 5 tweets during the presidential campaign was generated by a bot.

Americans fart 3 million times a minute.  Americans "like" something 4 million times a minute.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi
Americans fart 3 million times a minute. 

That's only once every couple hours per person.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

I am supposed to have dinner with Peru's ambassador to the US this Thursday.  But I'm skipping it to coach my son's last football practice for the year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

I hope US-Peru relations recover from this setback.