News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

The retarded part of Judaism is the chosen people part.  If there is a God, why the hell would he think these guys rock and everyone else sucks?

Well, that and the little head cubes.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 29, 2017, 03:22:01 PM
The retarded part of Judaism is the chosen people part.  If there is a God, why the hell would he think these guys rock and everyone else sucks?

Seems to me being Chosen doesn't really rock.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Circumcision.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 29, 2017, 03:23:22 PM

Seems to me being Chosen doesn't really rock.

:yes:

Being Chosen is a fair bit of a curse.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I'm noticing an increasing amount of far right idiots in the UK throwing around "liberal" as an insult.

I find this amusingly ironic. British nationalists of all people using such an Americanism.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Grab On is going full Madonna on us.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on March 29, 2017, 03:47:46 PM
I'm noticing an increasing amount of far right idiots in the UK throwing around "liberal" as an insult.

I find this amusingly ironic. British nationalists of all people using such an Americanism.

lol, welcome to 1986, morons.

Zanza

Just read something about "civil asset forfeiture" which I found rather confusing. How does it not run afoul of the due process clause?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on March 29, 2017, 04:35:38 PM
Just read something about "civil asset forfeiture" which I found rather confusing. How does it not run afoul of the due process clause?

Because they say so. 

I believe we have a megathread on that somewhere, last year or so.  Washington Post did a multi-part series on the issue.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2017, 11:02:57 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 29, 2017, 11:00:36 AM
I understand checking your DNA to see if there are any likely genetic diseases.

I don't understand spending money to see how Irish you are. 

Don't you want to know if you are descended from Genghis Khan?

Unless he left me something.  Otherwise, no. 

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Zanza on March 29, 2017, 04:35:38 PM

A very long time ago, the Supreme Court allowed the government to seize a commissioned pirate ship over the objection of its owner.
Step by step and bit by bit that precedent has been added to such that innocent ownership is not a defense in virtually any situation where property is used in connection with an illegal act.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

A pirate ship? Was this 1795 or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Jacob

Is the question why that came to happen? Because then the answer is that it's likely that Yahweh started out as a tribal god and at some point membership of the Hebrew tribes became identified with worship of Yahweh and vice versa.

Is the question how Jews today make sense of that? That will obviously vary with the theology of disparate groups, but as I understand it it is essentially contractual. The Jewish people and God have entered into a mutual covenant whereby they are the Chosen People and God is their God.