News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Question from Russia Today at Putin's press conference: "Americans always say that democracy is great, but now they don't like it after their election? What happened?"

Putin answers that there are problems with democracy in the US, the electoral college is archaic.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on December 23, 2016, 06:25:49 AM
Question from Russia Today at Putin's press conference: "Americans always say that democracy is great, but now they don't like it after their election? What happened?"

Putin answers that there are problems with democracy in the US, the electoral college is archaic.

So this time Trump and/or Republicans can't agree with Putin?  :P

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on December 22, 2016, 07:54:21 PM
Uncontacted tribes, something I really can't believe still exists.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/22/photographer-shows-first-images-of-uncontacted-amazon-tribe

That looks like a painting.  And is that Gollem on the right?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

It's not always about the Jews. :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grinning_Colossus

Carrie Fisher had a heart attack. Critical condition. :(
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadImmortalMan

Oh damn. It looks pretty bad too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Yeah, apparently it happened on a plane..?  Long time to get to a hospital.

DGuller

Fifteen minutes before the plane landed.  :( They're probably just getting ahold of next of kin.

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on December 23, 2016, 05:41:51 PM
Fifteen minutes before the plane landed.  :( They're probably just getting ahold of next of kin.

15 minute response time isn't that bad. I'm assuming there a medical team at most airports?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

celedhring

Quote from: HVC on December 23, 2016, 05:45:01 PM

15 minute response time isn't that bad. I'm assuming there a medical team at most airports?

I once got a plane diverted to Albuquerque when an elderly woman got a heart attack while flying to LA. It took more than 15 minutes to land and get her evacuated, and we were told that she had survived.

CountDeMoney

Response time doesn't matter if you're not getting the most critical thing done inside those first minutes:  getting blood to the brain by CPR.

DGuller

For cardiac arrest?  That's an eternity, not even counting the taxiing time.  Without CPR you have zero chances of surviving that long.  And I imagine that the plane is about the least convenient place ever to quickly start the CPR.

HVC

I'm not aging it's ideal, but someone has a heart attack on the street in the city probably has a longer wait time.

In any regards, I hope she's ok.