News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Maybe you should buy a new one. Those thing are pretty cheap. Same, in your neck of the world, no?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DisturbedPervert

Not sure how much they cost.  Maybe if it keeps having problems the landlady will just replace it.  She makes profit on my electricity use after all.

Grey Fox

Josquius

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 16, 2010, 02:38:03 AM
That's okay, the British can't pronounce it either.
That is a lovely name for a German city.
But its no Ed-in-brah.
██████
██████
██████

Pedrito

A brief history of my dishwasher:

two saturdays ago: machine starts making beeping noises, dishes inside are dirty: called assistance service, someone will come and repair it the following tuesday

last tuesday: former eastern bloc guy comes (one hour later than expected), disembowels dishwasher, utters "it's the pump, need to change it", hasn't the pieces in the van, leaves leaflet with previsional expense of €341  :ultra: says he will call the moment he'll get the pieces

last friday: not hearing from the guy, we called the service; they feign nonplussedness, set visit for today;

this morning, 11:00: transylvanian guy comes, drinks coffee, works one hour; says "changed defective piece", gets hard-earned money (341 WTF!),  drinks some more coffee, badmouthes other dishwasher brands, goes away;

this morning, 13:00: dishwasher starts making beeping noises, stops working, floods kitchen floor; called service, bestowed curses upon them, their ancestors, their descendants; set new visit by Raducioiu for SATURDAY MORNING, TIME FRAME: 9.00-13.00 :ultra: :ultra: :ultra:

I blame in the order: The whole Eastern Bloc, Solidarnosc, Michail Gorbatchev, that damn Helmut Kohl, centralized assistance services located hundreds of miles from my home, the dishwasher producer and distributor and seller, the soap producers and distributors and sellers, the Pope, the Grey Wolves, Dracula, Berlusconi and Obama.

Fuck them all

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Barrister

For 341 Euro you should have bought a new dishwasher.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Just noticed google street view has extended to my home town....And theres a picture of my grandad in the garden, heh.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

QuoteMichigan's only known wild Wolverine was found dead this weekend. There was no immediate word on what killed it, but experts suspect it was death by Evan Turner, or perhaps Rich Rodriguez.

heh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

From an article in The Atlantic about Australian bush meat:

Camels were imported into Australia and then released into the wild as they were replaced by motor vehicles and rail.  There are now 1,000,000 wild camels in the country, the largest herd of wild camels in the world.

70% of kangaroo meat exports go to Russia, where it is used as filler in sausages and...dumplings!!!

The rest of the issue is pretty weak.  An article on Timothy Geitner (Dartmouth, SAIS, Kissinger Associates, federal gubmint) which can't decide if it wants to be a puff piece or an analysis of the financial crisis.  An article by Michael Kinsley on the deficit which displays his lack of knowledge of economics.

Grey Fox

That sucks, Kangaroo meat is very good & helluva expensive around here.

Australia send it to America!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DisturbedPervert

Josquius

I'm in a very bizzare situation right now.
My flatmate fucked his ex randomly just outside of a party (quick guy...) and now she has followed me home and is...hanging around with her friend and...yeah. She's my friend so I can't tell her to bog off but...its verrry odd.
They've just gone out for a smoke now and I'm confused.
Meanwhile in the living room just outside my room his current GF is oblivously playing FF13....
██████
██████
██████