News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on December 13, 2016, 04:50:11 PM
It was a near-utopia before global warming made the summers really bad. 

Unless you were black of course.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ideologue

Okay, it was not a political utopia. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on December 13, 2016, 04:42:40 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 13, 2016, 04:37:28 PM
IDE how does one get a 5.01?

Bad movie with elements of value that make it sort of worth watching, if you like that kind of shit.

How does it differ from a straight 5, in practical terms?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Hardly anything.  5.01 means I didn't feel like my time was totally wasted by watching it.  5 means I did.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Maladict

Quote from: Jacob on December 12, 2016, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 12, 2016, 01:31:00 PMSpeaking of porch lights, a lot of naive neighbors are using red light bulbs to be "festive".  I guess they have no idea what a red light means.

I don't know if it's naive given how red light is not actually used to denote whore houses these days (if it ever was).

It is around these parts.  :unsure:

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on December 13, 2016, 05:10:09 PM
Hardly anything.  5.01 means I didn't feel like my time was totally wasted by watching it.  5 means I did.

If your scale is really 5-10, why not change the numbers to 1-5?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

Quote from: Habbaku on December 13, 2016, 05:45:14 PM

If your scale is really 5-10, why not change the numbers to 1-5?

I'm assuming Supergirl (rated 1) actually killed Idealogue.

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 13, 2016, 03:55:52 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 12, 2016, 11:10:39 PM
I noticed a trend.  The idiots who keep liking Breitbart articles on facebook almost always have a confederate flag somewhere in their picture album.

I noticed a trend. Raz spent too much time studying Breitbart and now he's cuckoo.  :hmm:

I didn't say I actually looked at Breitbart's webpage.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

You have commented on the content in the past.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Not quite what it used to be :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Minor technical difficulties today

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadBurgerMaker

Oh that's a good spot for a car fire.

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on December 14, 2016, 08:12:01 PM

snip

:pinch:

Ooh, that's gotta hurt.

Glad you didn't get burned or indeed shot by an other enthusiastic colleague/serviceman who thought it might be a failed car bombing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on December 14, 2016, 08:40:57 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 14, 2016, 08:12:01 PM

snip

:pinch:

Ooh, that's gotta hurt.

Glad you didn't get burned or indeed shot by an other enthusiastic colleague/serviceman who thought it might be a failed car bombing.

One of my officers not me.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

Is Chevy using Samsung coil packs?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers