News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

There is a Cantonese/Chinese distinction restaurant wise, maybe its down to that?
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Hong Kong is a very international city!

They have Italian, Mandarin, Cantonese, steak houses. Anything you'd expect of a major city. Its not like its all noodles and dumplings. :huh:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

:rolleyes: Maybe it's down the fact that not every restaurant in Hong Kong serves Chinese food.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Monoriu on March 15, 2010, 04:01:02 AM
My wife and I went to a Chinese restaurant.  Ordered 2 simple dishes, none of which came after a 45 minute wait. 

2 days later, 9 of my colleagues and I went to the same place.  The 10 dishes came within the first 15 minutes. 

I hate them for discriminating against small parties  :yuk:

One of the places I went to took forever to bring us our food, and we had to keep reminding the waiter to bring several things we had ordered. Maybe it was because we were a little more casual than the rest of the diners (though this wasn't a "wear a tie" place), or because it was just two of us, or we were the only foreigners... Food was really good though.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

I went to a rodeo yesterday. It was kinda fun watching people get stomped on by broncos.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2010, 02:03:45 PM
I went to a rodeo yesterday. It was kinda fun watching people get stomped on by broncos.

I like it when they get kicked in the head.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2010, 02:59:27 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2010, 02:03:45 PM

I like it when they get kicked in the head.

Yeah, I definitely root for the livestock in those.  Hilarious.
Of course, if I had a belt wrapped around my johnson three notches too tight, I'd start stomping people too.

garbon

The moany bitch is back. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Poster, neighbor or coworker?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Neither. Neighbor's recent girlfriend.

MadBurgerMaker

Hm.  Went to some place called Houlihan's for food thinking it was the same place I had gone to as a kid.  It wasn't, but it was alright.  Inexpensive ($10-$20 per entree), and not gross. Can't complain, I suppose.

Oh and my car is getting repainted again.  Yay.  Another week of sitting around at home unable to go anywhere without risking my life by walking.

Syt

I'm confused by how many colleagues here pronounce Edinburgh as "Eee-din-borg".  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Syt on March 16, 2010, 02:26:56 AM
I'm confused by how many colleagues here pronounce Edinburgh as "Eee-din-borg".  :huh:

That's okay, the British can't pronounce it either.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Syt on March 16, 2010, 02:26:56 AM

I've always said it "Edin-borough."  :unsure:

Eh-din burrow

DisturbedPervert

I think I need to get my air conditioner fixed again.  I just had it serviced last December   :mad: