Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2015, 03:21:32 PM

Saw this photo from Texas after the flood waters receded.  I saw the same thing over 20 years ago when the flood of 93 came to an end.  Fish are stupid animals.

Considering it was flood conditions, that chain-link fence probably worked like a fishing net, and he got caught in due to the currents.  Not really the fish's fault.  They're victims too.   :cry:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on July 06, 2015, 03:47:32 PM
They're one of the greatest prizes a freshwater fisherman can bag, so trust me we're trying.  MERICA!

What is it?  Looks nasty.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 06, 2015, 04:15:16 PM
What is it?  Looks nasty.

It's a little alligator gar.  Fish/monster type things that can get to be really damn big. 

Same one from above, maybe. Same guy in both photos, at least. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 06, 2015, 03:59:24 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2015, 03:21:32 PM

Saw this photo from Texas after the flood waters receded.  I saw the same thing over 20 years ago when the flood of 93 came to an end.  Fish are stupid animals.

Considering it was flood conditions, that chain-link fence probably worked like a fishing net, and he got caught in due to the currents.  Not really the fish's fault.  They're victims too.   :cry:

When I saw the same thing there wasn't really a current, it was just stagnant water that had inundated a ball field.  When the river rose the creek backed up.  No rapid water.  It was just a stupid fish.  I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on July 06, 2015, 03:44:49 PM
Kill them all.

They're harmless.  They can breath air though, which is a little odd for a fish.  Now this is scary fish.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLmJjRqXDCo
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tonitrus

That sturgeon in Florida that recently killed a little girl seems scarier.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 06, 2015, 05:20:04 PM

Medical mistakes cost lives.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

I used to fish for sturgeon as a kid.  They look scary and can get very large but they have no teeth.  That other thing looks a lot more scary to me at least.

How did the girl die?

Tonitrus

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 06, 2015, 05:37:50 PM

I used to fish for sturgeon as a kid.  They look scary and can get very large but they have no teeth.  That other thing looks a lot more scary to me at least.

How did the girl die?

Jumped into the boat, and presumably did the usual massive fish-out-of-water thrashing (as it also injured two adults).

crazy canuck

That is really sad.  Take a kid on a fun outing fishing and that happens.   :cry:

PDH

Buy a man a fish and he is fed for a day.  Kill a man with a fish and he is never hungry again.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

I found out that spellus killed two of my peeps over the weekend! :mad:

Josquius

Anyone ever been to Vietnam?
It's visa free now so I might tack it into my SE Asia trip instead of Laos. Big country though, not sure where is best
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on July 07, 2015, 06:29:24 AM
Anyone ever been to Vietnam?
It's visa free now so I might tack it into my SE Asia trip instead of Laos. Big country though, not sure where is best

My brother went there this spring and loved it.