Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on July 06, 2015, 03:20:06 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on July 05, 2015, 07:27:27 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 05, 2015, 04:09:01 PM
So in crazy hot weather like we are suffering lately (never below 30 degrees <_<) appetite tends to go.
I read this is since a big part of calorie needs is keeping body temperature up. Which kind of makes sense.
I do wonder though. Typical calorie needs are well publicized. I've never seen some solid numbers about how heat relates :hmm:

Not sure if that work...the hottest parts of the U.S. are also the fattest. :hmm:

:unsure:

Obesity rates tend to be higher in the southern states and Texas.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrussouthern states and Texas.

You've spent too much time listening to Texans.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 06, 2015, 05:01:32 AM

You can never listen to too much Texas.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Any amount of Texas is too much.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

To us you mean San Antonio boy -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

We now have 60+ wildfires throughout the provincial which stated over the weekend.  Unusual hot dry weather over the last two months has turned the whole province into an extreme fire hazard zone.

crazy canuck

The smoke is worse downtown then it was up on the mountainside.  Normally I can look out from my office, across the harbour to the North Shore mountains.  Now I can't even see the near shore of the harbour just a few blocks away.  I feel sorry for all the tourists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2015, 07:06:58 AM

To us you mean San Antonio boy -_-

I haven't claimed Texas isn't part of the South. At least not yet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Saw this photo from Texas after the flood waters receded.  I saw the same thing over 20 years ago when the flood of 93 came to an end.  Fish are stupid animals.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 06, 2015, 12:05:59 PM
I haven't claimed Texas isn't part of the South. At least not yet.

We are part of the west damnit. I don't see any ranches and cowboys in Alabama.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2015, 03:21:32 PM

Saw this photo from Texas after the flood waters receded.  I saw the same thing over 20 years ago when the flood of 93 came to an end.  Fish are stupid animals.
Looks like a small alligator gar. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

What a terrifying fish
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Oh that one is nothing. :lol:

These things live in the Mississippi system (we have them in Kentucky in the Ohio River).

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Caliga

They're one of the greatest prizes a freshwater fisherman can bag, so trust me we're trying.  MERICA!