News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2015, 10:28:15 AM
I need a subscription of Architectural Digest in my parents' basement like an anorexic needs Every Day with Rachel Ray.

I used to get all sorts of weird magazines.  They just kept coming.  Women's Day, Maxim, Red Book, some thing about cars, one about hunting deer, some kind of Spanish Martha Stewart.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I saw some news articles that Mitt Romney is going to fight Evander Holyfield in an exhibition match..... it's very hard to believe it's not a joke. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

On my way in to work today I drove past three Catholic churches and blasted The Famine Song  :menace:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on March 17, 2015, 12:44:21 PM
On my way in to work today I drove past three Catholic churches and blasted The Famine Song  :menace:

What does the purple star signify?

I reckon the flag itself is some sort of Orangeman/ Unionist type deal, right?

Valmy

Yep. The star is, like the color orange itself, a symbol of William of Orange

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Order
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Not quite my style, but I admire your enthusiasm for the loyalist cause. :thumbsup:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

Stay classy.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

derspiess

I may have exaggeratedly slightly, but I definitely did drive past three Catholic churches.

Ed Anger

Catholic heaven:

Ugh. Too many browns and other ethnics.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on March 17, 2015, 12:58:39 PM
Yep. The star is, like the color orange itself, a symbol of William of Orange

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Order

Also, carrots.

They used to be purple or white. Down with GM orange carrots!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on March 17, 2015, 01:01:36 PM
Not quite my style, but I admire your enthusiasm for the loyalist cause. :thumbsup:

It's really hard to stir shit up here.  People have to be pretty well-read on the subject to even know the significance of the color orange as it relates to Ireland & Northern Ireland. 

Back in Delaware, where we had more ethnic Irish, it was a different story.  I ran into several outright IRA supporters there.

Admiral Yi

The girl with the kitty is really nice looking.

derspiess

I know when I go get a cup of coffee, I expect my barista to start up an awkward discussion about race: http://fortune.com/2015/03/16/starbucks-baristas-race-talk/