News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

If the Okies can weather that in their doublewides the Euros should be fine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Magnitude 3 is pretty trifling, isn't it?

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 07, 2014, 01:36:16 PM
Try fracking instead;  it's good, and good for you.

Doing explosions underground to mine stuff - radically new concept worth being afraid of!

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 07, 2014, 01:43:34 PM

Probably, but it does include a mysterious 'and greater'.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on October 07, 2014, 01:44:17 PM
Doing explosions underground to mine stuff - radically new concept worth being afraid of!

You have officially been recategorized. Your new category: troll.

Tamas

Quote from: Jacob on October 07, 2014, 01:47:30 PM

It's sarcasm, Jim

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on October 07, 2014, 01:48:37 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 07, 2014, 01:47:30 PM

It's sarcasm, Jim

Trolls never use sarcasm.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 07, 2014, 01:43:34 PM

In and of itself, yeah, but I think when you're looking at seismic activity it's less about the strength of any given individual incident and more about trends. I believe big earthquakes, for example, are often preceded by many smaller shakes.

The objection to fracking re: seismic activity is not, I believe, that magnitude 3 quakes are terrifying - it's that it's connected patterns of greatly increased seismic activity.

Jacob

Tamas

Fracking may very well be a dangerous thing, but all new technologies have seen their shares of opposition, so forgive me for being skeptical about it being so horrible. But hey, who knows, it might be the first invention in a million years where the naysayers are right.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on October 07, 2014, 01:50:53 PM
In and of itself, yeah, but I think when you're looking at seismic activity it's less about the strength of any given individual incident and more about trends. I believe big earthquakes, for example, are often preceded by many smaller shakes.

The objection to fracking re: seismic activity is not, I believe, that magnitude 3 quakes are terrifying - it's that it's connected patterns of greatly increased seismic activity.

Then why not produce evidence of this greatly increased pattern of seismic activity to which these magnitude 3 earthquakes are connected?

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on October 07, 2014, 01:54:07 PM
Fracking may very well be a dangerous thing, but all new technology has seen its share of opposition, so forgive me for being skeptical about it being so horrible. But hey, who knows, it might be the first invention in a million years where the naysayers are right.

So you're confident that fracking is wonderful and has no negative consequences, primarily because it's an invention and inventions have a track record of a million years of always being great?

:lol:

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 07, 2014, 01:55:04 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 07, 2014, 01:50:53 PM

Then why not produce evidence of this greatly increased pattern of seismic activity to which these magnitude 3 earthquakes are connected?

I think we're having a classic moment of Yi-Jacob complete lack of mutual understanding.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?