News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Josquius

A girl from Manchester, a girl from Liverpool and a Jamaican girl all give birth to boys at the same time in the same hospital. However, the nurses get the babies mixed up.
To sort it out they decide to ask the dads to pick their own child. They ask the man from Manchester first but he picks the black baby. The nurses argue with him that the baby can't possibly be his, but he replies, "I know that! One of the other two could be a Scouser and it just isn't worth the fucking risk!"

:D
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Was at an electronics store today, looking for a decent retro gamepad for emulator play (the XBox controller's D-pad is a bit shit for precision), or maybe a not too expensive but not too cheap flight stick and go play some space sims or Rise of Flight (all of which sucks on XBox controller).

Lo and behold ... they only have Xbox controllers or knock offs. Nothing else. But an estimated 18574 different gaming mice. (Is the plural for a computer mouse 'mice'? It feels weird.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Just been to my first Prom! :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 09, 2014, 04:00:03 PM

Did you lose your virginity?  :)

mongers

My nomination for the single most annoying website:

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

Why?

Well given Amazons somewhat erratic and fast changing pricing behaviour, I find I go to buy something there, then think Oh that's a bit high, I wonder what how low it's recently been priced at.
So you paste in the isbn or code, and this come comes up: 

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Wall-Experience-Edition-Pink-Floyd/product/B004ZNANZA?active=summary&tp=1m

Arse, I think, it was nearly half price, twice for a few hours just a few days ago; I'll wait a bit for it to drop down again. So you don't buy, a day or so later you check and, !!!! double arse, it's gone up in price still further.   :mad:

So you don't buy and get locked into a cycle of checking every few days to see if it's dropped anywhere near the 2nd lowest price you nearly bought it at in the first place.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2014, 04:48:32 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 09, 2014, 04:00:03 PM

Did you lose your virginity?  :)
It was more eroic than anything else.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Syt

Maybe he meant erotic? Or heroic? :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Jaron

Tony Stewart (race car driver) KILLS a driver who stupidly gets out of his car and stands in the middle of the race track pointing at people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJdBd0437U
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Iormlund

Quote from: Jaron on August 10, 2014, 03:05:16 AM
Tony Stewart (race car driver) KILLS a driver who stupidly gets out of his car and stands in the middle of the race track pointing at people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJdBd0437U

And finally we have an answer to the debate about what to do in case of car breakdown on a busy highway.