And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on July 07, 2014, 05:25:41 PM
Paging Liep...

Yes? Have you never seen Scandinavian women's handball before? There's a reason it's a very popular sport here. The prolonged tit grab is unusual, perhaps. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Physically jarring hit, followed by an awkward yet tender moment: the shared awakening of innocent but undeniably powerful lesbian desire?

I came.

DGuller

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: Liep on July 07, 2014, 06:52:39 PM
I yelled at a colleague today, and right after he was almost hit by a train too. Idiot shouldn't be standing where he stood.

Have you considered that you have a mystical connection with your charges?  The train seemed to take your side.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Maladict

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 07, 2014, 07:19:43 AM
Thank you! The lovely lady has been appraised of and gives her assent to her role in the long-term endeavor of our Southern Confederacy's restitution among the stars. In the meantime, I am taking her to the South next month on a tour of its sacred spots. As she is a rural lady of sensitive disposition, I hope that something of the torpid grandeur of what once was there inculcates itself within her, and that she can look past the sad debris that passes for the ossified remnants of the Southern nation in the present era.

:cheers:

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2014, 05:33:22 PM
whap whap whap

Heard on CNN IsraelPalestine is going to shit again.  One Palestinian kid dead in a revenge killing.  One Palestinian 15 year old boy w/ US citizenship on video being beaten and kicked by Israeli cops while he's handcuffed on the ground.  Rockets landing on Israel daily--80 today.

The Israelis are just mad some Pals kidnapped and murdered three of their people.  Plus the fact everybody is distracted by ISIS gunning down Shias probably emboldens the nutters on both sides.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Capetan Mihali

Did anybody see that video making the rounds of the two middle-aged ladies getting caught trying to steal beach canopy they can't disassemble?  It tickled me.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgoYErLLIbc

But goddammit, Sav should have been on this already. :mad:  It was on New Smyrna Beach fer crissakes; I shouldn't have to scoop the man on his own beat.  <_<
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

Pretty funny. Though I'd have probably slapped that bitch down. Or at least pressed charges after she got all aggressive.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

Apparently, he did call the cops after the video ends, but they ran away.  Not all that briskly, one presumes.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

My cousin is delightful. She just posted this gem on facebook with the idea that perhaps people who are accusing the establishment of being racist are the actual racists as not all black people dress like that...

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/07/154677-bars-dress-code-called-racist-really/

QuoteCan a dress code be racist? Some people in Minneapolis say, emphatically, yes. Bar Louie in uptown Minneapolis bars a host of apparel, including "flat bill hats," "large chains" and "excessively baggy clothing." "Might as well just say, 'No black folks allowed,'" says one local resident. "It's ridiculous."

In order for a dress code to be "racist," one would have to assume that an establishment would admit white people if they wore the barred clothing. And yes, we've all seen white guys who "dress black." (See: Justin Bieber)

This is not to suggest that all white people – or black people – who dress like Justin Bieber behave like Justin Bieber. Or Tupak Shakur. But it is to suggest that there is a certain behavior pattern that generally goes along with those who wear all or most of the gear barred by Bar Louie's dress code.

So it's really a matter of barring behavior vs. barring blacks – or people of any color, is it not?

Besides, do those who call the dress code "racist" really believe that blacks who adhere to the policy will be turned away at the door? Or treated less welcome?

Let's look at it another way: If the dress code listed the apparel that was acceptable vs. that which is not (collared shirts, casual slacks, etc.), would that be "racist" as well?

The bottom line is this: if a bar or restaurant wants to establish a dress code in an effort to protect its investment, it should have every right to do so.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

In the land of the blind the one eyed man truly is king.
One of the special needs cleaners was just excitedly telling the others of how awesome he is getting at tee-ball (baseball without pitchers. Mainly for under 10s....) and that he wishes it was taken more drop islet so he could play for the japan national team....
One of the other workers seemingly took offense to this and totally flipped out shouting about there being no point to baseball without pitchers and that anyone could play tee-ball.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Drop islet? All I get is a location in Canada.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Josquius

It's like god is telling me to move to Denmark
██████
██████
██████