News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Austria ranked 8? They consider grumbling a national pastime. And in political discussions you might think the country is on the brink of collapse. "We have [the lowest rate in the EU] unemployed! We have to do something t fight umemployment!!!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Trouble with Risk as a party game, is the first person out has nothing to do for the next hour or two. There is nothing more boring than watching OTHERs play Risk
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on December 14, 2013, 11:12:55 AM
And in political discussions you might think the country is on the brink of collapse. "We have [the lowest rate in the EU] unemployed!"

Well, I guess if you set the bar low enough, anything seems like an achievement.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on December 14, 2013, 12:01:20 PM
Trouble with Risk as a party game, is the first person out has nothing to do for the next hour or two. There is nothing more boring than watching OTHERs play Risk

Which is why we play strip Monopoly on couples night.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 14, 2013, 05:56:08 PM
Quote from: Josephus on December 14, 2013, 12:01:20 PM

Which is why we play strip Monopoly on couples night.

How does that work?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

It takes four hours before anyone gets any.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Cute and nice  students make me both happy and sad
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on December 14, 2013, 08:45:31 PM
Cute and nice  students make me both happy and sad
Stop being so negative, no one bats a thousand.  Just focus on the students that made you happy.

Eddie Teach

He's happy because he could get some, and sad because he's too smart to risk doing it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Eddie Teach

You cheering about the nearly solid burgundy in the third graph? :yeahright:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?