The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

He is large quantities of methane.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 03, 2013, 08:26:12 AM
He is large quantities of methane.

My wife made Tex-Mex yesterday and I forgot to take my Pepcid.

Boom.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on August 03, 2013, 06:54:36 AM
It does a moderate job at reducing that "half-smoked cig" smell that plagues me when I put one back in the pack

:x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2013, 10:19:18 AM
It does a moderate job at reducing that "half-smoked cig" smell that plagues me when I put one back in the pack

It's either that, or tossing the butt on the ground.

Thing is, if you smoke, you are going to stink. It's just a matter of how much.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

You smell fine to you.   :P

I would keep a bottle of Purell and a little sprayer of Febreeze in the car, though.

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2013, 08:25:18 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 03, 2013, 08:09:37 AM
I'm pro fracking. DRILL BABY DRILL

This explains So much, so when you were 'drilling' for babies you were actually hoping to hit large quantities of methane ?  :cool:
Ah anal, that elusive beast.,
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on August 03, 2013, 01:05:27 PM

Actually I think that the worst case is carrying the half-smoked cigarette with you so that you can smoke the rest later.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, a half-smoked cigarette leaves more of a stink on you than if you've smoked the entire thing.  And besides, it's worse than ghetto.

Don't bother with saving smokes.   Finish them, or toss them.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 03, 2013, 02:15:29 PM
Yeah, a half-smoked cigarette leaves more of a stink on you than if you've smoked the entire thing.  And besides, it's worse than ghetto.

Concur.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2013, 02:01:21 PM
Quote from: Malthus on August 03, 2013, 01:05:27 PM

Actually I think that the worst case is carrying the half-smoked cigarette with you so that you can smoke the rest later.

I took it that he was saving the butts to avoid littering, not for later consumption.

The latter is, indeed, gross.

Though I will admit, when I was a smoker years ago, in some situations I was so desperate I did just that.  :D Usually because I was up north and far away from a source of cigarette re-supply.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Well my thought came from:

1) He recently posted about how expensive cigs are.
2) Most places have trashcans now, so not too hard to stamp out a butt and throw it away.
3) I had a friend last night who was prevented by bar staff from finishing her cig on a roof (no smoking allowed there) and she mentioned how she would have wanted to keep it finish later but then would smell like smoke if she kept in the pack. :D

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 03, 2013, 02:15:29 PM

I keep it real.

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on August 03, 2013, 02:57:32 PM

Neat.

Wasn't there a quasi-serious super-science proposal for damming the Strait of Gibraltar once, for hydroelectricity?

Edit: There was.
Kinemalogue