News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

garbon

Well I don't think having an accent means you need to act like that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Lettow77

What does one have to do to get into The Back Room anyhow? I've had occasion I'd want to privately vent concerns, fears, hopes and so on before, and would appreciate feeling like a member of the community.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

garbon

I'd appreciate feeling like the Queen of Sheba.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 18, 2013, 07:24:25 AM
What does one have to do to get into The Back Room anyhow? I've had occasion I'd want to privately vent concerns, fears, hopes and so on before, and would appreciate feeling like a member of the community.

You can always do that via PM with the poster of your choice, i.e., somebody not me.

lustindarkness

Back Room? What Back Room?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Lettow77

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2013, 07:25:53 AM
I'd appreciate feeling like the Queen of Sheba.

You don't already?  :o  My image of you might be a little off.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2013, 07:27:58 AM

You can always do that via PM with the poster of your choice, i.e., somebody not me.

I don't really know that I have a proper friend on languish I'd speak to in that sort of way, unfortunately. It is no mind; I just would like to express my periods of unhappiness and mental unwellness in a less public spectacle than, say, raz, for instance.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 18, 2013, 07:31:45 AM
I just would like to express my periods of unhappiness and mental unwellness in a less public spectacle than, say, raz for instance.

You know you're always welcome to do that anyway.  Just because you put your balls on the table and we hammer the shit out of them with bal peen hammers until they're chutney doesn't mean you still can't do that.

Lettow77

I dunno, there's a difference. The first "lettow is feeling suicidal" thread I make will be my suicide note thread, because I despise that sort of thing. Anyone who makes a public statement about their plans to kill themselves really ought to have intention of carrying it out. The shame associated with climbing down from a ledge is more hateful than leaping off of it.

I am just on the far side of the world from my roommate, and with so little time to talk to him due to various circumstances, wouldn't feel right burdening him. I'd like a private area to talk to people who know me reasonably well- and even if languish has a skewed idea of who I am at times, you've all known me for years, and I don't have many people closer because I lead a rather lonely life. I wouldn't express some things publically, but would feel comfortable talking about them to people at least akin to friends.

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 18, 2013, 07:41:10 AM
The shame associated with climbing down from a ledge is more hateful than leaping off of it.

Better shame than death. :mellow:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 18, 2013, 07:41:10 AM
The shame associated with climbing down from a ledge is more hateful than leaping off of it

Now that's just silly.  You have no idea how many people suddenly changed their minds seven meters from the pavement.

Lettow77

There are a lot of reasons people could prefer death over shame. Death over shame is also pretty noble stuff; we celebrate those characters in history and fiction fairly frequently.

Also, we are largely what we think of ourselves, and what others think of us. An aspect of being a man is that when we try to kill ourselves, we succeed; constantly lamenting one's fate and then making some shallow indentations somewhere or taking too many asprin is feminine in the worst kind of way. It would be a mental cage to have become that person.

CountDeMoney

Tell you what;  come home, take a fucking shower for a change, find a nice little job that pays the bills at the local Barnes & Nobles or something, and take it from there.

Sure, it's interesting and fun and you get to see cool stuff and meet interesting people, but traipsing around the globe living like a hobo with $35 in your pocket is no way to go through life, son.

No wonder you're depressed, you don't even know what you're going to eat tomorrow.  Christ, kid.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2013, 08:05:32 AM
Tell you what;  come home, take a fucking shower for a change, find a nice little job that pays the bills at the local Barnes & Nobles or something, and take it from there.

Sure, it's interesting and fun and you get to see cool stuff and meet interesting people, but traipsing around the globe living like a hobo with $35 in your pocket is no way to go through life, son.

No wonder you're depressed, you don't even know what you're going to eat tomorrow.  Christ, kid.

Agreed. Let yourself have a little stability for a while.