Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Neil

Quote from: Habbaku on July 17, 2013, 01:13:36 PM
What's best for society is to lock up a woman for 20 years for firing a shot in the air?
That's not the fault of the prosecutor.  That's the fault of incompetent legislators.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

So Beeb, are you going to be the guy who takes a shot at the guy they charged with corrupting public morals?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Savonarola

Quote from: Phillip V on July 17, 2013, 04:45:00 PM
North Carolina is cutting my state income tax from 7.75% to 5.75% :showoff:

Wow, that's still steep.  Michigan was only 4.3%.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Phillip V

Quote from: Savonarola on July 17, 2013, 05:40:59 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on July 17, 2013, 04:45:00 PM
North Carolina is cutting my state income tax from 7.75% to 5.75% :showoff:

Wow, that's still steep.  Michigan was only 4.3%.

Agree. Before moving here, I had assumed that taxes would be low since it was the South. FALSE.

sbr

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 17, 2013, 05:10:00 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 17, 2013, 04:43:33 PM
No shit.  84?  What is this, a Vietnamese prison camp?

Who cares?  Nobody is home and the program switches at 1700, an hour before either of us gets home.

Getting home at 5PM would drive me insane.  It is 3:40 right now and i am already home and changed and screwing off, I start getting twitchy if I work past 3:30.

The alarm at 4:00 AM is no fun though.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 17, 2013, 05:33:22 PM
So Beeb, are you going to be the guy who takes a shot at the guy they charged with corrupting public morals?

Only if I can fit it into my schedule of drunk driving trial, drunk driving trials, and more drunk driving trials... <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Maybe you can ask the cops to ease up on the arrests.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

One of my students saw a little kid get hit by a car this morning. :(:(:(:(:(:(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 17, 2013, 07:09:45 PM
better to see than experience, I suppose.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on July 17, 2013, 05:43:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 17, 2013, 05:33:22 PM
Only if I can fit it into my schedule of drunk driving trial, drunk driving trials, and more drunk driving trials... <_<
Disconcerting.

Phillip V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 17, 2013, 07:09:45 PM
What was the initial reaction of your student to the incident, and then what is their current emotional state.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Phillip V on July 17, 2013, 07:29:21 PM
What was the initial reaction of your student to the incident, and then what is their current emotional state.

He couldn't believe what he'd done. Now he's starting to accept it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

As i was taking my daily walk the thought struck me that what Maggie Thatcher should have done with the striking coal miners is handed over to them the mines that were scheduled for closure.  A gift.

garbon

Ugh I had a dream last night that I had a Boston accent.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.