Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2013, 11:22:59 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 11:14:22 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2013, 11:11:01 AM
No kidding.  The public myths about cops are second only to the myths surrounding the government's ability of black helicopters to spy on you.

So they're all just lazy, lovable teddy bears, then?

That was:

1) overtime,
2) a chance to play with their tactical toys for once,
3) the potential to actually shoot somebody, even if it's a fellow officer by accident.

Hat Trick. You got'em all in.  :D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Oh the real copies look better - like the 20, 50s and 100s that already exist.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

I had way too much coffee today.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: DGuller on April 29, 2013, 04:28:36 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 29, 2013, 04:09:46 PM
Yeah, the Hudson doesn't exist. :rolleyes:
:hmm:  Got me there.

:secret:  Starts with a "sully," ends with a "sullenberg."
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Admiral Yi

How common is it to ride the train in Canuckistan?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2013, 01:40:04 PM

The Windsor-Toronto-Montreal corridor train use is reasonably common.

Out here though nobody does.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Time to start planting. A lot of work to do.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

I'm pretty sure that train is from the trans-Canada railway, which is a somewhat significant national symbol.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on April 30, 2013, 01:59:31 PM

I'm pretty sure that train is from the trans-Canada railway, which is a somewhat significant national symbol.

Except from the label you realize that the train pictures is VIA's The Canadian.

http://www.viarail.ca/en/explore-our-destinations/trains/rockies-and-pacific/toronto-vancouver-canadian
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 01:33:26 PM

I can tell. You've been particularly frisky today.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2013, 02:03:46 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2013, 01:33:26 PM

I can tell. You've been particularly frisky today.

Yeah no kidding.

Admiral Yi

I get that.  My question was about the applicability of the national symbol to the lives of citizens.

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2013, 02:12:55 PM

I get that.  My question was about the applicability of the national symbol to the lives of citizens.

These days, no-one I know does the Toronto-Vancouver run except as a tourism-type thing. I haven't done it myself, but the views are said to be spectacular.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius