News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

It's rather nice now that it's done. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

I'm building out a classic rock CD for my car and was listening to clips from WYSP Philadelphia (RIP  :cry: ) for inspiration.  One has old commercials from 1985 embedded in it, and there was one from Roy Rogers.  A burger, fries, and a coke cost $1.69. :weep:

Amerikka sucks now. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on April 21, 2013, 02:19:13 AM
Django Unchained is garbage IMO. A Terintino attempt at spaghetti westerns. If I had to recommend a SW it would be one of the big three with a back up called, The Great Silence.
You're probably just pissed that all your Klan buddies got killed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on April 21, 2013, 08:57:10 AM
Django Unchained is garbage IMO. A Terintino attempt at spaghetti westerns. If I had to recommend a SW it would be one of the big three with a back up called, The Great Silence.

I'm pretty sure it's the issues with period piece weaponry that rubs his rhubarb the wrong way.

Razgovory

Meh, the Spaghetti westerns weren't exactly accurate on the weaponry either.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on April 21, 2013, 08:57:10 AM

;)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

:lol:
Pretty awesome photo, to match, such a scowl on the guy
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Don't know why he's scowling, what with all the fucking OT those guys made.  WHAT SEQUESTER

CountDeMoney

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

QuoteNASHVILLE (Reuters) - The bassist for rock band 3 Doors Down has been charged with vehicular homicide by intoxication after he was involved in a crash that killed another driver, Nashville police said on Saturday.

The musician, Todd Harrell, 41, of Mt. Juliet, Tennessee, was driving his Cadillac CTS west on Interstate 40 at high speed late on Friday when he clipped a pickup truck, the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said in a statement.

The truck went out of control, traveled down an embankment and overturned, police said.

Harrell was charged early on Saturday. Police identified the man killed in the crash as Paul Howard Shoulders Jr., 47.

3 Doors Down gained fame in 2000 with the song "Kryptonite." The band's other hit songs include "When I'm Gone" and "It's Not My Time."

The band's website said in a statement that the members were "deeply saddened" by Shoulders' death. "Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this difficult time," they said.

Police said Shoulders was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the truck.

Harrell showed signs of impairment while performing field sobriety tasks and appeared under the influence of an intoxicant, police said.

"He acknowledged consuming hard cider and taking prescription Lortab and Xanax," the police statement said.

An attorney for Harrell could not be reached for comment.

Harrell was taken to Nashville's Metro Jail, which is run by the Davidson County Sheriff's Office.

Harrell is also accused of bringing controlled substances into the jail. A search at the booking room by Davidson County Sheriff's deputies uncovered a plastic bag hidden in his sock with eight Xanax pills, 24 Oxycodone pills and four Oxymorphone pills, police said.

Harrell remained in jail in lieu of $100,000 bond, according to jail records.