News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Syt

Two shops have closed on a nearby shopping street (a stationary shop and a clothes shop). My guess is they'll be replaced by kebab shops (there's already more than half a dozen on a stretch of 200 meters). Cheap cell phone shops or betting cafés would be second/third choice.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: derspiess on April 11, 2013, 01:00:16 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 10, 2013, 11:22:06 PM
I've got the goddamned fucking "Skidamarink ee-dink ee-dink, skidamarink ee-doo" song stuck in my head for unknown reasons.   :wacko:

My daughter tortures me with that song when she watches it 5 times in a row on youtube.

Try:

"This is a song, la la la la, Elmo's song..." Never leaves your head.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

This is the song that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend...

Fuck you lambchop
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. Now they'll continue singing it forever just because...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Heard on NPR that Obama is floating the idea of selling off part or all of the Tennessee Valley Authority. :hmm:

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 11, 2013, 07:25:44 PM
Heard on NPR that Obama is floating the idea of selling off part or all of the Tennessee Valley Authority. :hmm:

That seems like a pretty reasonable idea.
and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

The catch is that it comes with $30 billion in debt.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

That shit annoyed me so much.

derspiess

Electric Football was the shit.  Until my brother stepped on ours & put a 20-yard crater in it.  So dad found us another at a garage sale.  We figured out a way to sort of pop the original one back into place & make it semi-usable, so we had friends over to play tournaments like these guys.

You could buy individual teams but the most economical way to do it was to buy entire divisions.  We took the crappy teams nobody wanted & painted them to be college teams :nerd:

Good times.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall