Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Gotta get Timmay in the blast zone too.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Mitt sighted yesterday pumping his own gas and letting himself (and hair) go.

sbr

Is it that big of a deal for someone to pump their own gas in a state where you have to pump your own gas?

DGuller

Quote from: Phillip V on November 21, 2012, 10:06:52 PM
Mitt sighted yesterday pumping his own gas and letting himself (and hair) go.

Great, he even wants to destroy gas attendant jobs.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

I find it interesting, and not altogether disconcerting, to review the "Who's Online" feature, and not only seeing so many "Guests", but seeing so many "Guests" reading threads from 2009.

:hmm: :homestar: :hmm: :homestar: :hmm: :homestar:

Ideologue

Good thing I wasn't up to any shenanigans in 2009.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Tom the Dancing bug is true to form and is still lame.  The picture underneath with the caption is funny though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2012, 12:49:44 AM
Tom the Dancing bug is true to form and is still lame.  The picture underneath with the caption is funny though.

I thought it was pretty funny until it overplayed the joke.  The pieces Tim shares seem to have that in common; shooting the horse is fine, but beating it afterward is pretty unnecessary.

It falls apart in the last two panels due to lack of subtlety; the next to last panel needs to be changed to something a little less shit-on-the-audience's-intelligence, too.

Also I'm not sure if the term "Third World country" was current in 1960.  It was coined in 1952 by a French guy.  I'm not sure June Cleaver would know that, although I could be wrong.  But in any event, I'm even less sure that its modern-day usage as "ROTW shithole" dates back that far.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

I recieved an interesting message on facebook!

QuoteDear Mysurname,

I know this short mail would certainly come to you as surprise due to the fact that we haven't had any previous correspondence with each other. Inspite of this,I will appreciate it if you will permit me
to inform you of my desire

I am Barr.Cyril Peters,a personal attorney to late Mr James My initial. My surname, a foreign contractor engineer who was resided here in lome Togo ,
on may 20th 2003 my client and his wife and their only daughter was involved in car accident, on his way to Tokwe it was unfortunate that my client and his family all lost their lives in that accident.
Do kindly contact me directly on my private email adddress below thus;([email protected] ) for more details inrespect for the claim of his fund valued(Nineteen million seven hundred thousand United States Dollars )left behind before it gets confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Finance Firm.
Best Regard
Barr.Cyril Peters
Principal Attorney
Email :([email protected])

pleas if your interested kindly contact through private email( [email protected] )to enable me give you details !

:w00t:
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Fucking Black Friday maniacs.

What's the over/under for stupid shopping-related deaths this year?  I say 2.

Josquius

I just can't get myself to go out in this cold weather....
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on November 21, 2012, 10:45:36 PM
Great, he even wants to destroy gas attendant jobs.

Gas attendants? It's been ages since I've seen one of those in these parts.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Had a dream last night that I made a fortune marketing "My Little Pony" do-it-yourself customized branding iron kits - then lost it all in product liability lawsuits when little girls branded each other with them, set their hair on fire, etc.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

So you're saying you dreamed of little girls branding each other :hmm:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011