News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Someone is either laughing or crying somewhere in my office.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Ha engine and trans pulled. K-frame taken out last weekend.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Woot, twister warning!  We're not in Maryland anymore, Gangsta!  WHERE TO HIDE

Razgovory

One of the benefits of subterranean living is I don't have to worry about Tornadoes.  Of course, there are the CHUDs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I loathe tornadoes. I saw the 2000 Xenia one in action. Unfun.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Also, I expect fawning tributes tomorrow from you people.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 19, 2012, 06:59:38 PM
I saw one in Houston circa 1992.  It looked BADASS.  I didn't worry because a) teenagers don't worry about shit, and b) wasn't my house in the path of it. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 19, 2012, 07:10:07 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 19, 2012, 06:59:38 PM
I saw one in Houston circa 1992.  It looked BADASS.  I didn't worry because a) teenagers don't worry about shit, and b) wasn't my house in the path of it. :showoff:

I was across the street from one. It wrecked a grocery store(among other things).

I wasn't in any danger. Greene Memorial Hospital is rather well built.

mongers

Guy takes one of the $16-17,000 road bikes that won the Tour de France and tackles some off-road riding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmJtYaUTa0&list=UL7ZmJtYaUTa0&feature=player_detailpage

Most of it seems to be filmed on the Dorset seafront or New Forset near to where live, saving the bits in Bristol and inland from here.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Anyone who can handle a bike like that can ride whatever he wants where he wants.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on October 19, 2012, 09:25:29 PM
Anyone who can handle a bike like that can ride whatever he wants where he wants.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy to be able to do that stuff even on a bike with 23- 25 mm road slicks; the bit of him hoping on one wheel across the top of those bike stands was incredible.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

I imagine mongers talking like the people in Doc Martin.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

How pathetic. I'm posting on languish on a Friday night.