And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 17, 2012, 03:10:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 17, 2012, 02:08:44 PM
I've decided to flee for Argentina during the week of the election and the following week, fearing the civil unrest resulting from either guy winning.

Totally unrelated, my in-laws are having a reunion around that time :P

Their economy might end up better than ours. :(

Not while that bitch is in power.  Two weeks of her and I'll probably start to miss Obama :D

QuoteHave fun! Una buena parrillada y vino! :thumbsup:

I have requested a celebratory parillada upon my arrival, and I'm certain my father in law will have a glass of Malbec poured for me before I sit down.  My day 2 will be spent shopping for Cuban cigars.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on October 18, 2012, 10:15:43 PM
The cat clawed up a British reporter?  Good cat!  My cats have a hard time catching rodents as well. :(  There was a mouse in my room this spring and one cat chased after it while a second just sorta watched.  And not an interested watch, just laying down idly watching the scene.  Cat didn't give a damn.

My old cat caught a mouse I had apparently brought back with me from camping.  She also got a couple birds (and she was an indoor cat except when she escaped).  For each kill she got a silhouette emblem of whatever animal on her litterbox cover.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

My cat just sauntered into the room a few moments ago, and was looking up at me intently.  No meowing or chatty chirping, like usual.  Just watching me.  Like Jonesy the cat in Alien

I was like, what, dammit, you've been fed tonight, goddamn.  An she keeps looking at me.  Tail gently flicking.  Waiting. 

And then the odor hit me like the chlorine at Ypres.

And she licks her paw and grooms the side of her chops, and she's all like, yeah, bitch.  Go scoop that.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 18, 2012, 10:23:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 18, 2012, 10:15:43 PM
The cat clawed up a British reporter?  Good cat!  My cats have a hard time catching rodents as well. :(  There was a mouse in my room this spring and one cat chased after it while a second just sorta watched.  And not an interested watch, just laying down idly watching the scene.  Cat didn't give a damn.

My old cat caught a mouse I had apparently brought back with me from camping.  She also got a couple birds (and she was an indoor cat except when she escaped).  For each kill she got a silhouette emblem of whatever animal on her litterbox cover.

:lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 18, 2012, 10:26:37 PM
My cat just sauntered into the room a few moments ago, and was looking up at me intently.  No meowing or chatty chirping, like usual.  Just watching me.  Like Jonesy the cat in Alien

I was like, what, dammit, you've been fed tonight, goddamn.  An she keeps looking at me.  Tail gently flicking.  Waiting. 

And then the odor hit me like the chlorine at Ypres.

And she licks her paw and grooms the side of her chops, and she's all like, yeah, bitch.  Go scoop that.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

Netflix comes to Denmark, price: $13.80/month :bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

VAT?

Though it costs more than that here if you get dvds in the mail as well.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

VAT? There's the obligatory 25% sales tax on it, yeah. It's still cheaper to get the American service + VPN. That will also include a much bigger selection as only about half of the titles are in the Danish deal.

On the other hand, next week we'll get HBO Go.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote(The store is very small with 2 registers and we call customers over one at a time to prevent overcrowding. A customer walks over to register with his wife, without being called.)

Me: "Oh, hold on there, sir. You came too fast."

Customer's Wife: "Story of my life."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Haddaway is playing Stockholm tonight! :w00t:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on October 19, 2012, 08:47:30 AM
Netflix comes to Denmark, price: $13.80/month :bleeding:

That ain't bad IMO.  As much use as we get out of Netflix in my house, it's a steal for $8 a month and would still be worth it for twice that.

derspiess