News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 12, 2012, 04:39:45 AM
I got some weird news flash thing on my computer that said this year's recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize is...

the European Union.  :lol:

I heard about this on NPR this morning and just turned the radio off.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tamas

its 4AM, I was awakaned to sound akin to gunshots. Turns out two houses from here, neighbors of my grandma, they had their back building on fire. Smoke is everywhere. And I have to be up in 3 hours.
Fuck this.

HVC

How inconsiderate of them :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

There goes the liquor supply of your village . . .
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on October 12, 2012, 11:36:46 PM
There goes the liquor supply of your village . . .

:lol:

Actually, a palinka distillery used to be really close to us just down the road, my grandpa took me there a couple of times when I was a kid. It was SMELLY when they were working though. Luckily they don't use it anymore.

garbon

Pretty sure at the McD's near my house there was just a fight and the security assigned ran outside as I walked by.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Ran outside as in running away? :unsure:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Well that sucks, my foot began hurting for no reason on Thursday morning and its still hurting today. Ouch.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on October 13, 2012, 04:58:17 AM
Well that sucks, my foot began hurting for no reason on Thursday morning and its still hurting today. Ouch.

Mart, leave this man alone. The power of Christ compels you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

....so you're saying I SHOULD chop it off then?
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on October 13, 2012, 05:09:59 AM
....so you're saying I SHOULD chop it off then?

Only if you post pics.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Well, I think I just had the strangest dream I've ever had.  I dreamt I was a penguin having sex with a dead crocodile.  Also the Crocodile probably had AIDS since her husband did and he had recently died with truck carrying cars fell into the lake where he was and crushed him, (though to be fair they weren't always crocodiles.  Sometimes they were people).  There was another dead crocodile chick who who was coming on to me, but I don't think she was a widow.  I had killed these crocodile-people because they were they had tried to kill a friend of mine that was either penguin or a cat.  It's a little blurry.  Fortunately I saved his life.  I wasn't always a penguin ( I don't think), but people were pretty disgusted with my crocodile liaison and banished me (and the crocodiles) to where dead things are.  We floated to area where there a bunch of mangled corpses ( the whole thing, the the fighting crocodiles, sex with crocodiles occurred on a lake), which was weird, but the dead things didn't stay dead and one was a Tyrannosaurus who chased after me.  To escape the T-Rex I had to quickly paddle away riding the corpse of an eviscerated crocodile widow with AIDS.   I woke up at this point.

That was really, really, really really weird.  I sure as hell ain't going back to sleep anytime soon.  If you ever wondered what kind of dreams crazy people have, there you go.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

That was pretty surreal, though I tend to be more bothered by more realistic dreams. I think penguin/crocodile necrophilia would be pretty easy to shrug off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?