Ugh, this thread somehow seems to be developing a topic. :mad:

I had a monster shit. :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

I had one bring me my newspaper.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

The Brain

Jesus. What happened between 1861 and 1865?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on January 06, 2012, 08:55:06 PM
Jesus. What happened between 1861 and 1865?

Lack of revenue from cotton exports  ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on January 06, 2012, 11:18:44 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2012, 11:11:17 AM
How tolerant were they really?

Of religion?  Very.  But one shouldn't therefore conclude they were enlightened or nice people.  It was just a cultural quality so 'tolerance' is perhaps the wrong word.

The problem I'm seeing is they didn't have a lot of written records.  Or at least ones that survived.  It's hard to tell how tolerant or intolerant they would be, or why they might tolerate someone else.  I could see a situation where the Christian Kingdoms stipulate that their missionaries must be allowed free access to pagan lands for pagans merchants to do business.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Ideologue

Just watched a Navy commercial.  "Five oceans, seven continents."

:unsure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Ocean ?

Oh, what the fuck ever.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Really, it's all just one ocean.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 07, 2012, 03:37:09 AM
Really, it's all just one ocean.

One ocean, but it's not the same.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

This song seems appropriate for several people her at Languish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jGcCYX3hgg
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point