Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on November 10, 2011, 05:18:38 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 10, 2011, 04:53:53 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2011, 04:43:43 PM
My GF won't let me buy video games.

Damn it.

Dump her.

What BB says. It's gonna cause problems down the road. Trust me.

Well I wasn't being entirely serious - she is the mother of his child after all.

But of all the stupid male hobbies to have, video games is one of the safest and cheapest around.  You're not hanging out at bars, you're not away from home - all you're doing is sitting in your living room / office.

Unless it's a money thing, I think you have to stand your ground on this one GF.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

The next step is "you love those games more than me"

When that happens, you are screwed, and I don't mean sexually.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Damn it.

Dump her.

I think GF stands for Grey Fox.  He's having an argument with himself.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

I was quietly getting ready to write my first essay for uni.  It's due next week.  I assumed Friday but just checked my course handbook and all essays are due on the Monday of that week.  So that's my weekend gone :bleeding:

Also today I saw that Westminster Council have decided to drop their plans to ban distributing free food to the homeless.  It's nice to see common sense occassionally win out over council knobbishness.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on November 10, 2011, 05:21:06 PM

Damn it.

Dump her.

Well I wasn't being entirely serious - she is the mother of his child after all.

But of all the stupid male hobbies to have, video games is one of the safest and cheapest around.  You're not hanging out at bars, you're not away from home - all you're doing is sitting in your living room / office.

Unless it's a money thing, I think you have to stand your ground on this one GF.

I wasn't being entirely serious either...dude just bought a house. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Looks like Steam got hacked the other day and intruders had access "to our database...which contained credit card information."

Lovely. :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: Razgovory on November 10, 2011, 09:53:19 AM
Obama has a look on his face that he's embarrassed to be seen with these jokers.  Medvedev is totally spaced out, with an expression like he's thinking "Gee, I can sure see a far from up here".
I'd only seen the small picture before with Harper-Berlusconi.  I cannot believe the world media's been keeping Naoto Kan's extraordinary, magnificent suit from us.  That is simply glorious.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on November 10, 2011, 06:05:08 PM
Looks like Steam got hacked the other day and intruders had access "to our database...which contained credit card information."

Son of a Bitch.  I hate hackers.  The death penalty is certainly justified in cases of hacking.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Damn it.

Dump her.

I was just complaining & she only tells me not to because I am the one always complaining we don't have any money.

Plus, I buy games too often.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on November 10, 2011, 06:03:27 PM

I wasn't being entirely serious either...dude just bought a house. ;)

What's with all the sanctity violations?  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josephus on November 10, 2011, 06:05:08 PM

So that's how my info got out. :hmm:

Glad I caught them immediately.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Threviel

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2011, 06:24:16 PM

Damn it.

Dump her.

I was just complaining & she only tells me not to because I am the one always complaining we don't have any money.

Plus, I buy games too often.

If that's the case she is totally in the right. If you don't have much money wasting them on games is retarded.

Josquius

Rain sucks.
But I do like the way it makes the river outside my window actually look like a river.
It has however put me off staying up all night in Tokyo.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on November 11, 2011, 02:19:54 AM
Rain sucks.
But I do like the way it makes the river outside my window actually look like a river.
It has however put me off staying up all night in Tokyo.

Is the rain still radioactive?

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.