News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Minister of Interior for Bavaria said that Hungary should be helped so that refugees can't get through to Germany, and the Syrian refugees should not have considered the German decision on taking them all in as a "free ticket".

But that's what I was talking about: this was very dishonest from Germany and contributed to escalate the situation one step further: there is NO WAY for Syrians to get to Germany without illegally avoiding processing and other rules in Hungary or Italy.

Martinus

Minister of Interior of Bavaria seems like a right bastard. It seems the hopes for denazification of Germany were premature.

Syt

A few days ago he called a famous singer on a TV show a "wunderbarer Neger," pointing him out as positive example of integration. Unfortunately, "Neger" is consider very politically incorrect to denote a black person these days.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on September 02, 2015, 06:18:57 AM
A few days ago he called a famous singer on a TV show a "wunderbarer Neger," pointing him out as positive example of integration. Unfortunately, "Neger" is consider very politically incorrect to denote a black person these days.

Who would have thunk.  :D

Gups

Quote from: Tamas on September 02, 2015, 05:31:38 AM
I mean, Hungary is just doing what its supposed to do, keeping its registered refugees from getting deeper into the EU, but it would be nice to actually tell that to the refugees themselves.

And possible before the refugees have spend half their life savings on train tickets.

Zanza

Two tweets by Munich's police yesterday.

QuotePolizei München ‏@PolizeiMuenchen  1. Sep.
We are thrilled by the myriad of relief supplies the citizens of #Munich provided for the refugees at the Central Station.
Please do not bring any more goods for the Moment.The donations at hand will be sufficient for the refugees present and arriving today.

I am happy about this reaction by many of my fellow citizens. :)

Norgy

Quote from: Zanza on September 02, 2015, 01:28:02 PM

We are thrilled by the myriad of relief supplies the citizens of #Munich provided for the refugees at the Central Station.
Please do not bring any more goods for the Moment.The donations at hand will be sufficient for the refugees present and arriving today.

Very good. Seems like this is happening elsewhere too.

mongers

Germany putting us Brits to shame, Prime Minster downwward.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

But if the British did do that they might start feeling proud to be British...and that's never good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

To be fair, Germany has also seen much more violent attacks on refugees or immigrants than Britain. So it's not all rosy here.

Norgy

I just donated some jeans I never use anymore, couple of warm sweaters and some random assortment of clothes and books in English at the local intake of such things.

Yes, they were all cleaned and in good condition.

Razgovory

Well, now you know the answer to this question.

QuoteIt would be interesting to know why they think that Germany is the land of milk and honey. I mean, it's not too bad here, but it's not noticeably better than other EU countries...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

citizen k

Angela Merkel is seven months old and currently lives in a refugee camp in Hanover, with about 700 other migrants from 33 countries. Her mother, 26-year-old Ghanaian Ophelya Adé, arrived in Germany this year, after crossing the Mediterranean while heavily pregnant. In an interview with Der Spiegel, she said she named her daughter after the German chancellor because: "I was so grateful, so relieved that Angela Merkel is accepting us, so impressed with what this woman is achieving here."

On Facebook, there are pages with titles such as "Mama Merkel, Mother of the Outcasts", and Syrians are sharing images of the chancellor with slogans such as "Wir lieben dich" ("We love you") or "Compassionate mother".

Some posts carry the hashtag #Merkel_TheEthiopian, a reference to the story of Ashama ibn Abjar, a benign Christian ruler who gave shelter to Muslim refugees in the kingdom of Axum (now northern Ethiopia and Eritrea) at the time of Muhammad. Other images are photoshopped to contrast the German politician's compassion with the perceived heartlessness of Arab leaders.

Valmy

Just think Brits. That could have been David Cameron.

But seriously it does appear the Syrians have gotten the idea that Germany is their savior. That is quite a burden for Germany to shoulder.

Of course the Daily Mail was reporting last month that Germans were so racist the Syrians all wanted to go back to Syria :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."