73-Year-Old California Man Punches Black Bear In The Face To Save His Dogs

Started by jimmy olsen, May 01, 2015, 03:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on May 01, 2015, 03:32:40 PM
One time when I was a kid I was hiking with my dad in the woods in Central P.A. and we came across a bear cub.  I was like "aww cute" and my dad was like, in a cross between a growl and a whisper "SLOWLY.  BACK.  AWAY.  DOWN.  THE.  TRAIL."

I'm glad he did that because a minute or two later a bunch of bushes near there started moving and I would guess that was his mom coming on to the scene.  I never saw her directly.

You were not: the Anderson Brothers.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/413979390720556142/
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

dps

Quote from: The Brain on May 01, 2015, 09:06:20 AM
I'm surprised a cop didn't shoot it in the back.

And then tazer the old guy and break his neck.

Malthus

Quote from: dps on May 01, 2015, 04:49:36 PM

The obvious solution: make the bears into cops.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

derspiess

We went to the Cranberry Wilderness area in the Monongahela National Forest in West Virginia last week.  First trip in a while we didn't have a black bear visit our camp.  Saw some fresh tracks nearby but nothing in the camp.  Not even a raccoon; just a few field mice.  Bears must have known I was carrying my 1911 :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2015, 05:07:38 PM
Quote from: dps on May 01, 2015, 04:49:36 PM

How about otters?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on May 02, 2015, 02:20:38 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 01, 2015, 05:07:38 PM

How about otters?

They will have to make themselves useful in otter ways than being police.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!