News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2015, 06:09:44 PM
Maybe it's time i start rooting a bit for Ioway.

There are defenses that can shut them down, but their offense, along with that defense, can take on most anybody. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Lovin' me some Harbaugh manball.  Tight ends, fullbacks, six offensive linemen... and trickery.

Too bad Rudock threw the ball that cost them the shutout.  This offense isn't playoff-caliber, but I still think they'll get their nine wins.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Texas is pissing their season away tonight in Iowa. Pretty rough to watch.

Still some time if they want to save themselves.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Valmy

Nope. Another disaster. Ah well. At least they beat OU.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

So Dorsey did you catch the ending of the Miami-Duke game?

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2015, 11:04:25 PM

That replay official was as awful as the one in the UM-MSU game.  One of the Miami players tackled a Duke player, #1's knees hit the ground before he threw the ball away, there were two blocks in the back (one somewhat questionable, the other blatant), and a helmet-to-helmet hit on one of the blocks.  Other than that, it looked like a good play.  I mean, fuck Duke, but that replay official was grossly incompetent and should never work another game.

Bayraktar!

katmai

Well passed on getting tickets to tonight UW-Arizona game as weather is windy and rainy and game didn't start till 8pm local time.
The Huskies just scored out of halftime to make it 28-3 lead.

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on October 31, 2015, 11:12:06 PM

That replay official was as awful as the one in the UM-MSU game. 

:lol: You seem to be having as hard a time letting go of the UM - MSU game as the App State game a few years back.

QuoteOne of the Miami players tackled a Duke player, #1's knees hit the ground before he threw the ball away, there were two blocks in the back (one somewhat questionable, the other blatant), and a helmet-to-helmet hit on one of the blocks.  Other than that, it looked like a good play.  I mean, fuck Duke, but that replay official was grossly incompetent and should never work another game.

FYI, none of those are reviewable save the one about whether the player was down before lateraling the ball (which on the field was not called dead--and I've seen people arguing that the ball was coming out by the time his knee touched--so not indisputable?). Lets review the rule book before sending the replay guy to the unemployment line.  :)

Also, if you want to call a penalty for every play a forensic inspection of a replay shows helmets touch during a block, or possibly someone blocked in the back, we will never again have a play without a penalty. Which, considering that Miami had 23 penalties in the game, would create games somewhat like this one.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

I have a hard time caring. It is hard to get excited about needing a miracle finish to beat Duke coming off a 58-0 beatdown by Clemson. Also, 23 penalties are a new school record. Hooray for new records each week (last week worst lost, this week most penalties)!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

katmai

RichRod is looking shellshocked. 42-3 Huskies late in 3rd.

alfred russel

I don't know if it will become a story or not, but Brian Kelly went after an assistant strength coach on the sidelines, and put his hands on the guy. Really not a good look. Has me worried he is going to have a Woody Hayes moment. To this point you could rationalize his explosions on his players and refs as motivation or intimidation tactics, but actually going after a coach is neither of those.

Also, the officiating in the 2nd half of that game came really close to determining the outcome--there were 3 straight drives--2 for ND and 1 for Temple--that were basically determined by officiating in favor of Temple (officials from the AAC). I know Berkut disagrees, but it is such a clear conflict of interest to have officials officiating out of conference games for one of their conference members, it would be nice if the practice was ended.

katmai

WazZu just went up 28-27 on the fighting Garbons in 4th.

alfred russel

Missed 43 yard field goal at the end. Congrats garbon, you can exhale now.   :)