New Hampshire Legislators Kill Fourth Graders’ Bill & Dreams In Front of Them

Started by jimmy olsen, March 20, 2015, 02:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on March 20, 2015, 05:51:32 PM
I'm gonna go with "assholes". The notion is that the valuable time of the state legislature was being wasted to entertain a class of grade 4 students - the logic being that the legislature's time was otherwise valuable.  :lol:
I should note that the New Hampshire Legislature is a part time job that only pays a $100 a year plus per diem.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 20, 2015, 06:55:54 PM
I'm gonna go with "assholes". The notion is that the valuable time of the state legislature was being wasted to entertain a class of grade 4 students - the logic being that the legislature's time was otherwise valuable.  :lol:
I should note that the New Hampshire Legislature is a part time job that only pays a $100 a year plus per diem.

That is true, a much smaller government there and the people have never wanted a big government like in Mass, RI or Connecticut. But it's a small population there so it's easier to have a small government, though it's growing as more and more Mass people and others move there, and probably cause changes to the government  sooner than later now.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on March 20, 2015, 07:37:46 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 20, 2015, 06:55:54 PM

That is true, a much smaller government there and the people have never wanted a big government like in Mass, RI or Connecticut. But it's a small population there so it's easier to have a small government, though it's growing as more and more Mass people and others move there, and probably cause changes to the government  sooner than later now.

Oh, I didn't realise New Hampshire had such a small population, indeed on checking turns out it's still smaller than the English one it's named after, my home county of Hampshire.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

The only thing you need to know about New Hampshire is you can't get theah from heah.

KRonn

Yeah, they've always prided themselves on a small government, without a full time legislature, and that sort of thing. During national elections voters expect the candidates to meet and hang out with people on a more cordial level, probably more so than in other states. It's a pretty state geographically. Lots of tourism - skiing in winter and summer vacation spots, lakes, camping, etc.

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on March 20, 2015, 02:20:38 AM
By the way, isn't it funny how consistently pro-lifers, who usually are against sex educators, gay rights advocates and feminists "demoralising the young" with inappropriate content are perfectly fine with talking about abortion or showing pictures of aborted fetuses to kids?

"Look how gross an abortion is" is the strongest argument of the anti choicers
██████
██████
██████