[board] The Battlestar Galactica Languish Project

Started by Tamas, June 18, 2009, 09:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on June 25, 2009, 12:47:34 AM

Either way, the Quorum is not pleased.

The Quorum does not have to make the hard decisions. If I were a Cylon, I imagine I would be keen to have the Galactica go up against another basestar and 6 more raiders though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on June 24, 2009, 07:05:45 PM
Okay, it is 8:03 PM my time, and nothing has happened for three hours, so I am taking a break for something else.  :cool:

I still want PrezRoz to activate me with her telepathic ability, and for nuke'em Adama to take the morale loss and challenge the Vorlons.

Back in a coupla hours.  Yes, it goes on that long.

And not for Seedy's reason, either!  :lol:

I think the only time we can all be expected to be around is about late morning/lunchtime for you guys. For example your post I am quoting was made at 3 a.m. my time so you can't expect me (or more importantly, Tamas, who is doing the whole logistics of this) around at that time.

Tamas

I am sorry guys next time I will announce when I go to sleep. I went to sleep because I thought you want to discuss this. The Admiral made his call, and the civilians are left behind.

As for scheduling, sure. There will be crisis cards when a skill check will be necessary, on those occasions we will wait for everyone to declare. However, when the Admiral or President or the active player decides, I think I should let him decide if he wants to wait for opinions or just go ahead.

Oh and BTW grumbler stop talking vorlons and starfuries plz :P

So the choice was made, -2 population. Next comes Cylon activation, the icon on the card calls for the Raiders to be activated. Since there are no Vipers or civilian ships in their zone, they move clockwise toward the nearest civilian ships. That's Zone 2.

And then the jump prep icon makes the jump counter move one to the right.

Next up is garbon as Pres. Roslin. I am at work so can't draw his cards, but if he follows grumbler's advice and actually has the card he talked about can decide to just move (optional) and play it.

Tamas

Tamas

LURKERS! EHRIE'S TURN IS SOON TO COME AND IF HE DOES NOT SHOW UP, HIS PLACE MUST BE TAKEN BY SOMEONE ELSE! APPLY NOW!

Martinus

Tamas

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 25, 2009, 01:42:27 AM
I think the only time we can all be expected to be around is about late morning/lunchtime for you guys. For example your post I am quoting was made at 3 a.m. my time so you can't expect me (or more importantly, Tamas, who is doing the whole logistics of this) around at that time.
Lunchtime here (say, 1600 Zulu) would work for me.  My point wasn't that I expected you or tamas to be around at 3 AM, but that we should play the game when people are around, and that we should all make an effort to be available at the agreed time.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on June 25, 2009, 01:23:34 AM
The Quorum does not have to make the hard decisions. If I were a Cylon, I imagine I would be keen to have the Galactica go up against another basestar and 6 more raiders though.
Three more raiders, not six more

So, 1/6 of the way through our first jump, we have used half our nukes and lost 1/6 our population.  At this rate, we probably won't lose the war before Apollo gets to fly 100 kilometers.  That's some kinda Admiral'n.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

JacobL

Well at least now it is the presidents turn to screw things up.  The raiders are running away from me...cowardly toasters!

Tamas

So what are you saying grumbler? Only that we should promise to be around at 4PM GMT?

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2009, 08:02:13 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 25, 2009, 01:23:34 AM
Three more raiders, not six more

So, 1/6 of the way through our first jump, we have used half our nukes and lost 1/6 our population.  At this rate, we probably won't lose the war before Apollo gets to fly 100 kilometers.  That's some kinda Admiral'n.

Indeed it is, as opposed to losing morale AND population, AND taking a bunch of damage to Galactica.

At least, one would hope for the sake of the game that 6 raiders and a basestar is rather concerning. If I am wrong, and blowing away 6 active raiders and an active basestar is so trivial to accomplish, then we should have smooth sailing anyway.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 25, 2009, 08:19:11 AM
So what are you saying grumbler? Only that we should promise to be around at 4PM GMT?
Yes.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on June 25, 2009, 08:20:42 AM
Indeed it is, as opposed to losing morale AND population, AND taking a bunch of damage to Galactica.
If the leadership is going to panic and assume that every enemy attack in force is going to cause "a bunch of damage to Galactica" then we need new leadership.  We have to fight some time, and we are gonna regret throwing away pop so early.

QuoteAt least, one would hope for the sake of the game that 6 raiders and a basestar is rather concerning. If I am wrong, and blowing away 6 active raiders and an active basestar is so trivial to accomplish, then we should have smooth sailing anyway.
The choices, of course are not (a) that an enemy force this size will cause us to lose "population, AND taking a bunch of damage to Galactica" and (b) "blowing away 6 active raiders and an active basestar is so trivial to accomplish."  We cannot make decisions based on such flawed premises.  We must decide between real options, not false ones.

I proposed a plan which was NOT trivial, but which stood a good chance of success, if we all worked together (and which was not even discussed before we abandoned those people to die). 

Bayraktar!