Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 27, 2015, 03:03:33 PM
I strongly feel the dress should have its own (possibly pinned) thread :o

Thanks <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Martinus

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on February 27, 2015, 03:38:40 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 27, 2015, 03:33:10 PM
Buzzfeed have polled on the issue. I'm young at heart :w00t:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/age-makes-you-black-and-blue

I guess I am as well.  Looks white and gold to me.

I was too, but then I started reading about it and it made me old and cynical. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on February 27, 2015, 03:35:30 PM

Me too! That or gays are like dogs.
1 human year is 7 gay years? We operate on a different frequency?
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 27, 2015, 03:40:05 PM

Can't see colour properly. :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 27, 2015, 03:40:05 PM

Greeting each other by sniffing asses. LULZ

Martinus

Can lick one's balls. Or at least, each other's?

frunk

If I'm close to the monitor it is white and gold.  When I view it from further away it becomes blue and black.  When I look at it at an angle it's light blueish/purplish.

sbr

Razgovory

I have always wonder how differently we experience qualia like colors.  Since everyone can only see through their own eyes (except blind people), there is no way to know if the blue someone else sees is perceived exactly the same as you perceive it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

I really hope Locke and Descartes are having a good laugh over how this thing became the Most Important Thing In The World Today.

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on February 28, 2015, 12:16:19 AM
I have always wonder how differently we experience qualia like colors.  Since everyone can only see through their own eyes (except blind people), there is no way to know if the blue someone else sees is perceived exactly the same as you perceive it.

:yes:

I seem to recall a study that vocabulary plays a role, too, in that if you have more words in a language to distinguish between shades then you will also find it easier to perceive the differences.

And also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distinction_of_blue_and_green_in_various_languages
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Yeah. I find it really fascinating that so everyone is naturally seeing it in such totally different ways and that, despite all the explanations I've read and real pictures I've seen I can't, no matter how much I try, see that dress as blue and black.

It's like an optical illusion that makes sense but that you still can't see.
Let's bomb Russia!