The Shaving Poll

Started by Caliga, January 12, 2015, 08:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you shave?

straight razor
1 (1.7%)
disposable safety razor
14 (24.1%)
refillable cartridge razor (e.g. Gillette Fusion)
36 (62.1%)
electric rotary shaver
12 (20.7%)
electric foil shaver
4 (6.9%)
beard trimmer
14 (24.1%)
I don't shave because I'm a chick
3 (5.2%)
I don't shave because I'm a weirdo/lumberjack/kid/caveman
4 (6.9%)
obligatory Jaron option
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Caliga

I have used electric razors for years with occasional shaves with a disposable razor, but recently started using a cartridge razor and much prefer it.  I only use my electric shaver now on the weekends or if I am running late.  The shave from these is so inferior to a razor shave isn't not even funny... though I hear foil shavers do a bit of a better job.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Just today I saw a cartoon about razors...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

I dont use one, but a straight razor, I believe is about the best. Just dont give it too Raz or Garbon.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadBurgerMaker

I use a cartridge razor with shave soap and such.  Its nice to have the warm lather and all plus the convenience of the cartridges. 

Admiral Yi

Did you purposely set up the poll so people could pick up to 5 choices Cal?

Sophie Scholl

Beard trimmer supplemented by a cartridge razor as needed.  I generally only shave down to a 5 o'clock shadow level, as anything else irritates the hell out of my skin and leads to breakouts.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Monoriu

What is the difference between a rotary and foil electric razor? :unsure:

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on January 12, 2015, 08:36:16 PM
What is the difference between a rotary and foil electric razor? :unsure:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

Rotary. I have a full beard atm though. Not really my thing normally but Mrs. MIM asked.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Electric shavers always irritated me, regardless of rotary or foil.  So I use a cartridge razor, Gillette Mach whatever is the latest flavor.

I have a trimmer kit for whenever I grow out facial hair, or mutilate my sideburns shaving.

Habbaku

Cartridge.  I subscribe to Dollar Shave Club.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Monoriu

Ok I get it now, thanks.  Hmm, I have used both rotary and foil.  Rotary seems to be better at dealing with curves; while foil seems better suited for smooth surfaces.  I use rotary for now. 

I've used a disposable razor before, and got blood all over the place.  A few years later I found out that I was supposed to use some kind of lotion with it  :blush:

Admiral Yi

I really wish I could use electric razors, but they leave me looking like I have the mange.

Josephus

Rotary.

I used to use and liked the cartridge blades, but as I got older I didn't have the patience for it in the morning anymore.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Beard trimmer & a cartridge razor for the lower neck area.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.