Started by mongers, January 09, 2015, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Martinus on September 13, 2015, 02:18:35 PM
I just found out he is for the UK leaving the EU.  :yucky:

:lmfao:

He is an old-fashioned lefty, they hate the EU because it is a stitch-up by Euro-elites.

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 12, 2015, 02:46:05 PM
Its a fairly mainstream topic here, nuclear disarmament is less of an issue at the moment than at times in the past.

Just more Europeans abandoning all responsibility for their defense to the United States. Worst Allies Ever. Bunch of freeloading backstabbing jerks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on September 13, 2015, 02:18:35 PM
I just found out he is for the UK leaving the EU.  :yucky:

He isn't.
He was anti eu in the last referendum but now he seems fairly like Cameron, euroskeptic and wanting a reformed eu, why can't Britain have it's own way, etc.... But generally in favour of staying in.

He is however in favour of leaving NATO. Which just seems pointless to me.
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2015, 04:26:01 PM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 12, 2015, 02:46:05 PM
Its a fairly mainstream topic here, nuclear disarmament is less of an issue at the moment than at times in the past.

Just more Europeans abandoning all responsibility for their defense to the United States. Worst Allies Ever. Bunch of freeloading backstabbing jerks.

We've had nuclear weapons for nearly 70 years now and never got rid of them. I'd imagine that we'll carry on having them, apart from anything else they are a very cheap way of keeping a place at the top table.

Gups

Looks like Crobyn is going to row back and remain in EU and NATO but will double down on anti-austerity. Any faint glimmer of hope I had that Corbyn might be vaguely competitive against the Tories has disappeared with the appointment of John McDonnell as shadow Chancellor.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

So people on twitter think they are clever?

Certainly okay to take issue with what Cameron said but would be good if they actually tried to be funny.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Unknown people flame a politician they don't like on Twitter. Film at 11? :unsure:

Martinus

By the way, it sometimes boggles my mind what kind of shit people post under their real name/picture on Facebook/Twitter. Sure, not everybody is a celebrity, but a lot of this shit would surely be very embarassing in their professional etc. circle the moment someone wanted to get back at them, right? 

garbon

The one that I really find odd is the comments they will post on Buzzfeed that are linked to their FB accounts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 12, 2015, 08:18:41 AMHe will go down well with Labour's core vote of 20-25% of the electorate, nobody else will vote for him

That's interesting. He does look really lefty compared to the current crop of Labour MP's, so much so that he almost goes full circle.

It's such an eclectic choice, Labour might almost have appointed Nigel Farage as leader as Corbyn.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Now all we need is for Sanders to win in the US and Labour in the UK and Ingsoc can triumph.  :ph34r:

garbon

I didn't know buzzfeed was prone to taking editorial stances but it seems like they are pretty against Corbyn. Article about how his shadow cabinet is less diverse than UK, a bit about all the people who have refused to join his cabinet and then this flimsy bit:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/labours-new-shadow-health-minister-considers-backing-homeopa#.oja9Pr15Z

QuoteLabour's New Shadow Health Minister Considers Backing Homeopathy

Labour's newly-appointed shadow health secretary secretary has said she will consider whether to join party leader Jeremy Corbyn and shadow chancellor John McDonnell in supporting the provision of homeopathic treatment on the NHS.

"I know lots of people who know about benefits of homeopathy," Heidi Alexander told BuzzFeed News. "Whether it's the right use of public money is another thing altogether. I'm open to hearing the argument as to why people may think it appropriate."

"I must admit I'm not totally convinced at the moment but I'll have to look at it," she added. "I know my own parents are great believers in homeopathy. It's not something that I would immediately support but I'm going to have to look at a whole range of issues. It's not something that I have given hours of consideration to."

So buzzfeed asked a question, she gave a politician's answer and then they report it as being something she is considering. :rolleyes:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.