Main Menu

May 2015 UK General Election Campaign.

Started by mongers, January 09, 2015, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

So what chinless wonder will Labour pick to lose the 2020 elections?  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

They need to bring back that rotund dude who looked like Burgermeister Meisterburger.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

No matter that he lost his seat - they need to make Ed Balls the leader.   :cool:

Yes, that's just because I like the name Ed Balls.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Brazen on May 11, 2015, 10:17:29 AM
Stats on general election voter turnout from 1945 to 2015. Given that this year seemed to attract more public interest than recent elections, I was expecting it to be higher. Turns out that was only in Scotland. http://www.ukpolitical.info/Turnout45.htm

So basically, Tony Blair killed people's incentive to vote? :hmm:

Sheilbh

Why vote when the governing party is 'the political wing of the British people'?
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 11, 2015, 08:22:43 PM
Why vote when the governing party is 'the political wing of the British people'?

Well what is our excuse? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2015, 10:26:14 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 10, 2015, 04:47:38 AM
My thoughts exactly :contract:

I don't know if agreeing with the Daily Mail is a good thing Mono.

Why kill the right message just because of the messanger?

Monoriu

Hong Kong's voter turnout of elections at legislature level is around 50%.  That's considered high.  Note that a lot of people like me aren't registered voters, and we are excluded from these statistics. 

Brazen

celedhring

So Labour drinks Moët Chandon, Tories drink Bollinger. I will sadly have to side with the Tories here.

Brazen

Duque de Bragança

At least, Tories and Labour know what champagne is, unlike some poster here.

The Larch

So how long until the new Tory government starts acting up on its anti EU rhetoric? My friends are already up in arms in FB over the decission to scrap the Human Rights Act.

Gups

Quote from: celedhring on May 12, 2015, 03:37:38 AM
So Labour drinks Moët Chandon, Tories drink Bollinger. I will sadly have to side with the Tories here.

Damn right. Most English fizz is better than Moet, although I've not had any at the Bollinger NV price range.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 11, 2015, 08:02:37 PM
Quote from: Brazen on May 11, 2015, 10:17:29 AM
Stats on general election voter turnout from 1945 to 2015. Given that this year seemed to attract more public interest than recent elections, I was expecting it to be higher. Turns out that was only in Scotland. http://www.ukpolitical.info/Turnout45.htm

So basically, Tony Blair killed people's incentive to vote? :hmm:

Wow, those are really high turnouts.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.