News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

May 2015 UK General Election Campaign.

Started by mongers, January 09, 2015, 03:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I will enjoy Nate Silver keeping his sterling reputation at UK election predictions :lol:

Lord Ashcroft's polls look to have been useless.
Let's bomb Russia!

Warspite

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 07, 2015, 08:04:10 PM
I will enjoy Nate Silver keeping his sterling reputation at UK election predictions :lol:

I haven't kept up with these - what did he predict? Lab/Con dead heat?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Agelastus

Quote from: Warspite on May 07, 2015, 08:12:05 PM
LIB DEM HOLD IN WALES!! :w00t:

I'm surprised to find myself saying this, but...good. :)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Sheilbh

Yep and the Lib Dems only losing 10 seats.

A propos of nothing but I'm in a taxi and the cabbie is randomly 'woo'-ing and air punching...and we've just done a u-turn.

Alarming.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Christ SNP really might win every seat in Scotland :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Douglas Alexander defeated by a 20 year old college student, she will be the youngest MP since the 17th century. 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

http://fivethirtyeight.com/liveblogs/uk-general-election-2015/

The 538 blog, using a model incorporating the results coming in, predicts as of right now:

Conservatives: 295
Labour: 251
SNP: 55
Lib Dems: 24

(I assume you won't be able to see the exact numbers at the link as they will be updated with more results)

However, if that holds up, no one sees the chance of a coalition against the conservatives? Labour and SNP are ideologically similarish, and they together would have more seats than the conservatives...
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: alfred russel on May 07, 2015, 08:41:39 PM
http://fivethirtyeight.com/liveblogs/uk-general-election-2015/

The 538 blog, using a model incorporating the results coming in, predicts as of right now:

Conservatives: 295
Labour: 251
SNP: 55
Lib Dems: 24

(I assume you won't be able to see the exact numbers at the link as they will be updated with more results)

However, if that holds up, no one sees the chance of a coalition against the conservatives? Labour and SNP are ideologically similarish, and they together would have more seats than the conservatives...

Cons + LD would be more though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

That still looks optimistic on Labour and the Lib Dems I feel.

And, no. No coalition. Neither Labour nor the SNP would want one. A minority is possible, but if the Tories are on over say 290 I think it'd be very difficult.

Lib Dems wouldn't re join a coalition I don't think.

They may have reached their nadir winning just 80 votes inCastle Point.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Labour sources briefing Miliband to resign as leader.

One hell of a Blairites v left fight coming. Can't help but feel that things Labour needs to do in the North, Middle England, London and Scotland are all rather different and possibly contradictory things.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Already seeing the 'Labour wasn't left wing enough' line emerging :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

650 MPs in a building made for, what, 200 max?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Agelastus

Starting to see the odd Tory gain from Labour as well now - in Wales, as well...what a strange night.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."