News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How many vacation days did you take last year?

Started by Zanza, January 08, 2015, 03:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many vacation days did you take last year?

USA, <10 days
1 (3.3%)
USA, <20 days
4 (13.3%)
USA, <30 days
0 (0%)
USA, >=30 days
1 (3.3%)
ROTW, <10 days
1 (3.3%)
ROTW, <20 days
3 (10%)
ROTW, <30 days
4 (13.3%)
ROTW, >=30 days
10 (33.3%)
I didn't take vacation days for whatever reason (unemployment, retirement etc.)
6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 30

jimmy olsen

Voted more than 30, but then realized I had included weekends, and public holidays and such that I had arranged my vacations around to make them longer.

I had 18 paid vacation days
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Mine gets accrued and used in hours vs. days, and I tend to just leave early or come in at noon vs. taking whole days off (I get bored at home).  I do use sick time like spontaneous vacation time too sometimes, but not all that much.  It looks like it works out to 9 days and a couple of hours between the two, although I was probably actually sick for a little bit of that. 

Either way, less than 10 days. 

Grey Fox

15 vacation
9 sick days
4 gotta make up the time days.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

I work for a university, so I get a pretty good deal.  Since I do more than teach, I don't get all the student calendar off, but what I get is pretty good.

22 days of vacation
Public holidays - Martin Luther King, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor day, 2 days off for Thanksgiving, and Winter Break which is the 24th of December through January 1st off.

All in all I get a fair chunk of days off - it is sometimes hard to take them all.  Last year I took 4 1-week vacations and some other time, and I still have 180 hours of time in the bank.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

I don't understand the question and I refuse to answer it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

I think I took 11 or 12 last year.

But I get a lot more than that, and I banked the time from last year.  So I've already booked 19 days this year, and will book a few more.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

A few years ago I got 18. But then they took away Christmas Eve and the day after Thanksgiving, and gave us 2 more to get to 20. The office effectively shuts down on those days and you are expected to take them off, so not sure which way to vote.

Last year my whole department had to work MLK day and July 4, because we were busy, but we got extra vacation days for that. Which got me to 20/22.

I don't get to carry over unused vacation to a new year, so I took all of it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on January 08, 2015, 01:08:22 PM

I don't get to carry over unused vacation to a new year, so I took all of it.

Yeah, same here, and it sucks. 

And as someone else mentioned, technically I accrue hours of vacation time, not days.  In my case, I'm expected to take a week off at a time, and I get paid that week for however many hours I've accrued.  Something's screwy in our system, though, because apparently I till have 11 hours accrued that I have to take before May 11.  I'm going to try and see if something can't be done about that, 'cause I really don't want to take a whole week off and only get paid for 11 hours.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on January 08, 2015, 11:38:53 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 08, 2015, 11:23:35 AM
7 months, unpaid.

A lot of game time there.  :showoff:

Not really;  living with Mom and Dad while being unemployed is like being 16 all over again, dragging my feet not finding a summer job, so I only play video games at night or on the weekends.