NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Losing to the Patriots, barf.  Another week of Brady-worship.  Enjoy.

At least the season is still a success, if measured only by thumping the fuck out of Rapistburger last week.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 10, 2015, 08:13:38 PM
Speaking of the Steelers, LeBeau is out.

QuoteSpeculation Mounting Over Which Fired NFL Head Coaches To Be Emasculated As Coordinators Next Season
Sports News in Brief • Sports • football • NFL Football • ISSUE 51•01 • Jan 8, 2015

NEW YORK—With several names circulating as possibilities for the unique brand of public humiliation, speculation continued to mount Thursday over which recently fired NFL head coaches will be utterly emasculated by working as coordinators next season.

"As teams begin assembling their staffs for next year, it remains to be seen whether the likes of Mike Smith will have to swallow their pride and accept a position where they will pathetically wield a mere 10 percent of their former power, authority, and prestige," said ESPN NFL analyst Adam Schefter, adding that league sources are "fairly confident" in former Raiders coach Dennis Allen debasing himself as a defensive coordinator, for which he must humbly follow the orders of another head coach who was once his peer.

"We know that several teams feel they could benefit from taking someone who once managed every aspect of an entire organization with total autonomy and then relegating him to the oversight of an offense or defense. There are even rumblings that at least one former head coach will pitifully spend a season taking orders from a current head coach who actually used to be his assistant."

At press time, sources confirmed that former Bears coach Marc Trestman will likely be forced to endure the ultimate embarrassment of taking a job as a quarterbacks coach.

crazy canuck

The thing I like best about watching Seattle is they have a lot of fun playing the game.

Neil

I wasn't able to continue on, so revolted was I by the way the first game ended.

citizen k

Quote from: Neil on January 10, 2015, 11:56:56 PM
I wasn't able to continue on, so revolted was I by the way the first game ended.

You missed a mad performance by Kam Chancellor tonight.

citizen k

"I don't know if a strong safety can have a better game than Kam did tonight," Seattle coach Pete Carroll said.
Chancellor wowed everyone by twice jumping over the Carolina offensive line on a pair of Graham Gano field goal attempts at the end of the first half. And he showed that he's a pretty good safety in coverage, too.
With Carolina driving and trying to cut Seattle's 14-point lead in half, Chancellor anticipated Cam Newton's throw. Newton's primary target was covered and when he came back to try and find Ed Dickson, Chancellor jumped the throw and returned his third career postseason interception for a touchdown.
For all the tackles Chancellor made -- and his hurdling exhibition -- it was the hulking safety running alone for the first TD of his career that left CenturyLink Field shaking.
"We have a full trust and understanding of his athletic ability. He's a freaking monster," Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman said. "... He damages people's souls."
It was the longest touchdown in Seattle's postseason history, topping Percy Harvin's 87-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in last season's Super Bowl.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400749516

jimmy olsen

One of the best playoff games I've ever seen. Super competitive and beautifully played. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

celedhring

I should start watching NFL again (a bit late now I guess). The only thing I remember from when I lived in NYC is that I didn't like the Pats.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point