NFL Postseason Megathread: Playoffs in the Post-Orton Era

Started by CountDeMoney, December 29, 2014, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 04, 2015, 08:30:24 PM
Blaming the refs sucks.  They're just dudes out there, and they miss some shit.  It could be worse.  See:  replacement refs.

The referees are merely the puppets in the Commissioner's and NFL Properties' marionette play.  Dance, little zebras, dance.

MadBurgerMaker

Lost in all this is the fact that Romo didn't piss the game away with a mistake while having to run for his life.  Goddammit.  Cowboys fans taking a dump all over their QB for everything and crying about how life sucks sustains me through the Texans having ACTUAL QB problems.

sbr

:huh: It wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't announced and the flag was picked up.  It was announced, then picked up and dude didn't say shit about it.  It became crybaby heaven.

I already partially agreed with that.  :huh:

QuoteI never said it did lose the game for Detroit, it was a big missed call though.

Nah, he grabbed the facemask and caused the contact.  But you're entitled to your opinion.  I blame Detroit, not the refs, for this shit. 

His hand inadvertently hit the facemask while both were handfighting, and after #59 grabbed Pettigrew's jersey more than 5 yards down field.  The contact was caused by 59 not playing the ball.

You blame Detroit because the officials missed a call then people on the internet got upset by that?

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2015, 08:36:04 PM
Blaming the refs sucks.  They're just dudes out there, and they miss some shit.  It could be worse.  See:  replacement refs.

The referees are merely the puppets in the Commissioner's and NFL Properties' marionette play.  Dance, little zebras, dance.

Huh, someone else's fault again?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 04, 2015, 08:36:18 PM
Lost in all this is the fact that Romo didn't piss the game away.  Goddammit.

He was out-pissed by his earlier, younger version:  Mr. Stafford.  Damned shame, too.

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2015, 08:38:09 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 04, 2015, 08:36:18 PM
Lost in all this is the fact that Romo didn't piss the game away.  Goddammit.

He was out-pissed by his earlier, younger version:  Mr. Stafford.  Damned shame, too.

It was a passing of the torch moment?  Romo will probably fall down the stairs and break his neck now to finish the faustian bargain.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

alfred russel

Quote from: sbr on January 04, 2015, 08:20:55 PM

You* are the only person I have seen that thinks that wasn't DPI. 

*Well Dorsey too, but I can't think of a person in the entire world whose opinion or understanding of football rules I respect less than his.

Wtf? I think it was defensive pass interference. Is there some reason I keep getting flamed for stuff that I don't even say?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on January 04, 2015, 08:37:14 PM
I already partially agreed with that.  :huh:

Then quit asking about it.

His hand inadvertently hit the facemask while both were handfighting, and after #59 grabbed Pettigrew's jersey more than 5 yards down field.  The contact was caused by 59 not playing the ball.

Looks like he grabbed the mask, then got his arm smacked away.  It's in the gif you posted.

QuoteYou blame Detroit because the officials missed a call then people on the internet got upset by that?

I blame Detroit for losing the game.  People being bitches on the internet about a call that resulted in Detroit still having the ball in Dallas territory with the lead is just amplified by the fact that the Lions pissed down their legs for the next...what...6 minutes?  On top of all the leg pissing they had been already doing in the second half.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 04, 2015, 08:38:09 PM

To be fair, Stafford plays for Detroit.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on January 04, 2015, 08:37:47 PM
Huh, someone else's fault again?

"The organizing principle of any league, Mr. Garrison, is for television ratings and merchandise. The authority of the league over its teams resides in its referee powers.  That's the real question isn't it: why? The how and the who is just scenery for the public. Wild card games and tie-breakers keeps 'em guessing like some kind of parlor game, prevents 'em from asking the most important question: why? Why do teams with heavy national followings move on in the playoffs? Who benefited from the television ratings and merchandise sales?  Who has the power to cover it up?  Who?"

:P

CountDeMoney

:lol: Sometimes SBNation comes up with some real winners.

QuoteHistorians discovered a dispatch from Brig. Gen. Andrew Luck to his beloved Martha after defeating the marauding Cincinnati Bengals.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/4/7490869/colts-bengals-andrew-luck-civil-war-general

And what strange brigands opposed us! They were led by one Major Dalton, who has won many campaigns in his years as a leading plunderer, but his offenses have stalled in the winter months, leading many back East to question his bona fides. But I shall not question such a valiant warrior! I too know this feeling. Tis one thing to fend off a gregarious bunch of Chiefs with a rally. It is quite another matter itself to hold off a whirlwind of devils such as these!

MadBurgerMaker

You still crying about that?  I notice I was wrong about one thing:  There weren't 6 minutes left.  There were 8. 

Neil

Question?  Has it become obvious that MBM has gone totally native in Cowboy-land?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:  Again with this stupid shit?  Just because I'm not going to cry about calls that help Dallas (and the others that hurt them earlier in the game) doesn't make me a Dallas fan.

The girls will get theirs in Green Bay, and it will be glorious. 

E:  Whatever happened with the refs being all juiced up to help out Pittsburgh, btw?