NFL Week 16: I saw Commish Goodell kissing Santa Claus, and then lying about it

Started by CountDeMoney, December 20, 2014, 05:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on December 21, 2014, 05:55:07 PM
I have no explanation at all for why Beckham, Jr. was allowed to stay in the game other than the NFL not wanting to lose out on the highlight clips he provides.  Vince McMahon approves of the officiating. :rolleyes:

The New York Football Beckhams also need to sell out their luxury suites for next season.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on December 22, 2014, 10:01:44 AM
So the Bungles get to finish the season with back to back prime time games.  Super.  On the other hand, I guess it's a couple good opportunities to exorcise the prime time curse, and if they lose both games they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I noticed people setting up tailgates on my way in to work this morning.  Another game I'll glad not to be watching from the stands.
And if they can manage to lose them, and Baltimore doesn't go full retard against the Browns, I'll get to watch at least one more Ravens game this year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

dsr is going to pull it off since AJ Green is basically out of this game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

sbr

Great win for the Bengals.

It's a game a legitimate playoff team needs to win, but everyone knows they're still the Bengals.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Grats sbr.

Won third place for year. I'll take it after season had with injuries to players picked.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: sbr on December 22, 2014, 10:45:36 PM
Would you shut the fuck up and stop jinxing me.  :lol:

I do what I can to make 1. have Tim win 2. Pump up this LFFL thing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

Damn, I think that's the third time I've lost the championship. <_<

At least the Pats have home field advantage now. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Tempted to drive up to Pittsburgh next weekend.  I'm sure the wife would understand.

CountDeMoney

Sis scored tickets at the last minute for Browns-Ravens, so that' her presents for me and Pops.  Two birds, one stone.  Figure it's the last time they play this year anyway.  :lol: