News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most famous brand per U.S. state

Started by Syt, December 19, 2014, 08:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

What's the one for Mississippi? I can't read that thing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2014, 08:30:52 AM
What's the one for Mississippi? I can't read that thing.

Peavey, as in the famous guitar amps/combos.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 19, 2014, 08:33:56 AM
Thanks.

Never heard of that.

Probably second only to Marshall in fame; though in the US I'd assume, it's more well know than the British manufacturer.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 19, 2014, 08:43:33 AM
What's Rhode Island and Delaware?

I'm assuming the article has a list of them?

What would be interesting it to see how many non-Americans know; I don't buy much stuff and aren't into modern consumer culture, but I guess I recognise at least half of them.

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on December 19, 2014, 08:45:26 AM

What would be interesting it to see how many non-Americans know; I don't buy much stuff and aren't into modern consumer culture, but I guess I recognise at least half of them.

I know 26 of them, some others look familiar but I'm not really sure what they do.
A European map like this one would be interesting, I wonder what it would look like. Lots of car and beer companies, I'd imagine.

jimmy olsen

Someone in the comments said Delaware is Dupont. Doesn't seem like anyone is sure of what RI is.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

I know:
Starbucks, Nike, Apple, Best Western, Dr Pepper, Coors, Super 8, Garmin, Walmart, Saks, FedEx, Lexmark, Cummins, Cat, Harley-Davidson, GM, Wendy's, Hooters, Coca-Cola, Denny's, Bank of America, Aol, Geico, Du Pont, Campbell's, Hershey, C-Span, Verizon, GE, Ben&Jerry's, Timberland, Gillette, Tabasco

Don't know:
Zappos, Sinclair, Albertsons, Great Harvest, Taco John's Allsup's, Bobcat, Cabela's, Sonic, Maytag, "A",  Pillsbury, Peavey, Gino's, Carrs, L.L. Bean, whatever Hawaii and Rhode Island are

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Surely Hawaii should be that brand of macadamia nuts everyone buys at the airport gift shop.

Caliga

Lexmark :bleeding:  :rolleyes:

I very much doubt that.  Should be Jim Beam.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

Quote from: Maladict on December 19, 2014, 09:13:34 AM
A European map like this one would be interesting, I wonder what it would look like. Lots of car and beer companies, I'd imagine.

Out of the 100 "most valuable brands":

Germany: Mercedes-Benz
France: Louis Vuitton
Sweden: H&M
Finland: Nokia
Italy: Gucci
Netherlands: Philips
Spain: Zara
Switzerland: Nescafé
United Kingdom: HSBC

http://www.bestglobalbrands.com/2014/ranking/

Out of the 100 "most powerful brands":