Main Menu

End of the road for Pirate Bay ?

Started by Josephus, December 09, 2014, 05:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on December 09, 2014, 10:15:19 PM
Quote from: Josephus on December 09, 2014, 07:43:07 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 09, 2014, 07:10:24 PM
Homeland is still available for streaming on Netflix, I believe.  Just go with that.

Old seasons though. I think Netflix Canada has Seasons 1-2.

American netflix is as easy to get for Canadians as CBC.

Hook a brutha up. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Grinning_Colossus

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/popular-torrent-sharing-website-the-pirate-bay-returns-online-after-police-raids-in-sweden/story-e6frf7jo-1227151073054?nk=8894c35ae2175477ccc1693b527df95d

QuotePOPULAR torrent-sharing websites including The Pirate Bay were temporarily taken offline after Swedish police raided a Stockholm property on Tuesday.

The Pirate Bay has now reappeared online with a Costa Rica web address.  :yeah:

TorrentFreak confirmed servers, computers and other equipment were seized in the police operation.

The raid was part of an operation to protect intellectual property, Swedish authorities say.

A statement from police national co-ordinator for IP enforcement Paul Pintér said there was "a crackdown on a server room in Greater Stockholm. This is in connection with violations of copyright law."

Other torrent related sites affected by the raid includes Suprbay.org, Bayimg.com, Pastebay.net, EZTV, Zoink, Torrage and the Istole tracker.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on December 10, 2014, 12:49:45 AM
Homeland is still available for streaming on Netflix, I believe.  Just go with that.

Who are you & what have you done with the original Barrister?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

American Netflix doesn't have any seasons available.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Solmyr

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on December 10, 2014, 02:11:15 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/popular-torrent-sharing-website-the-pirate-bay-returns-online-after-police-raids-in-sweden/story-e6frf7jo-1227151073054?nk=8894c35ae2175477ccc1693b527df95d

QuotePOPULAR torrent-sharing websites including The Pirate Bay were temporarily taken offline after Swedish police raided a Stockholm property on Tuesday.

The Pirate Bay has now reappeared online with a Costa Rica web address.  :yeah:

Apparently fake.

Siege

Nope, not in Netflix.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 10, 2014, 01:00:18 PM

American Netflix doesn't have any seasons available.

But it still has way more options.  Sons of Anarchy for example (not that it's that good of a show) and many others.

Grinning_Colossus

http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/12/isohunt-unofficially-resurrects-the-pirate-bay/

QuoteTorrent site isoHunt appears to have unofficially resurrected The Pirate Bay at oldpiratebay.org. At first glance, The Old Pirate Bay seems to be just a commemorative site for The Pirate Bay, which went down this week after police raided its data center in Sweden. Upon further inspection, however, it turns out the site is serving new content.

Various mirror sites of The Pirate Bay have sprung up since the site's disappearance, but this one is different. Some alternatives simply provide a copy of The Pirate Bay with no new content (many proxy sites have been doing this for years). Others, like thepiratebay.cr, go further and even provide fake content as if it was new and even attempt to charge users.

The Old Pirate Bay, on the other hand, doesn't claim to be a resurrection of the site, even though based on searches we conducted and files we tested, that's exactly what it has managed to achieve. This is much more than just a working archive of The Pirate Bay; it has a functioning search engine, all the old listings, and working magnet links. New content is being readily uploaded and downloaded.  :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy-CW0X9V7o&t=2m30s

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 10, 2014, 08:41:09 AM
Quote from: Barrister on December 10, 2014, 12:49:45 AM

Who are you & what have you done with the original Barrister?

It's not stealing.  I pay for Netflix.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on December 12, 2014, 04:04:57 PM
It's not stealing.  I pay for Netflix.

It's circumventing the lawful regulatory scheme through deception is what it is.

Josquius

If netflix really cared they would put in place tougher restrictions.
As things are I discovered that netflix accounts weren't linked to countries entirely by accident when I tried accessing with my proxy on and was confused to discover different programmes.
Its a legal grey zone, not illegal imo.
██████
██████
██████