And we're back!

Main Menu

The Dead Are Rising In Poland

Started by Syt, November 14, 2014, 07:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30048087

QuotePolish woman wakes in morgue after being declared dead

A 91-year-old Polish woman who spent 11 hours in cold storage in a morgue after being declared dead has returned to her family, complaining of feeling cold.

Officials say Janina Kolkiewicz was declared dead after an examination by the family doctor.

However, morgue staff were astonished to notice movement in her body bag while it was in storage. The police have launched an investigation.

Back home, Ms Kolkiewicz warmed up with a bowl of soup and two pancakes.

Her family and doctor said they were in shock, according to the website of the Polish newspaper, Dziennik Wschodni.

The woman's niece, in the eastern Polish town of Ostrow Lubelski, summoned the doctor after coming home one morning to find that her aunt did not seem to be breathing or to have a pulse.

After examining the woman, the family doctor declared her dead and wrote out her death certificate.

The body was taken to the morgue and preparations were made for a funeral in two days' time.

"I was sure she was dead," Dr Wieslawa Czyz told the television channel TVP.

"I'm stunned, I don't understand what happened. Her heart had stopped beating, she was no longer breathing," Dr Czyz said.

However, the morgue staff called some hours later to report that the woman was not yet dead, her niece told Dziennik Wschodni.

The death certificate has been declared invalid, the newspaper says.

Ms Kolkiewicz told her relatives she felt "normal, fine" after returning home.

She is apparently unaware of how near she came to the grave.

"My aunt has no inkling of what happened since she has late-stage dementia," Bogumila Kolkiewicz, her niece, told local media.

Looking for brains, probably.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on November 14, 2014, 07:55:59 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 14, 2014, 07:45:09 AM
poor thing will starve in Poland :(

Gonna have to crawl all the way to  Portugal, right?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

pfft, guy can't even take an ethnic cheap shot in peace in this place anymore <_< :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on November 14, 2014, 10:03:43 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 14, 2014, 07:55:59 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 14, 2014, 07:45:09 AM
poor thing will starve in Poland :(

Gonna have to crawl all the way to  Portugal, right?  ;)
and I was born in Canada. I got the same education your son will get. That's right, weep! :ph34r:P

dps

But will your son have a $2000 stroller?

garbon

Quote from: HVC on November 14, 2014, 11:58:43 AM
pfft, guy can't even take an ethnic cheap shot in peace in this place anymore <_< :P

I'd have hoped you would have matured over the years. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

The baby that created the $2000 stroller meme is now in 4th grade.  Just saying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Now he probably wears $2000 tennis shoes. 
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: HVC on November 14, 2014, 11:59:14 AM
and I was born in Canada. I got the same education your son will get. That's right, weep! :ph34r:P

I just assumed the memory of IKK still lingers.  Dude made Timmay look levelheaded with how excited he got about stuff.
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 14, 2014, 11:09:50 PM
I just assumed the memory of IKK still lingers.  Dude made Timmay look levelheaded with how excited he got about stuff.

I don't know about that, but he did make Tim look like he had a solid grasp on the English language.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

IKK wanted to have sex with Superman.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 14, 2014, 11:25:43 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 14, 2014, 11:09:50 PM

I don't know about that, but he did make Tim look like he had a solid grasp on the English language.  :P

He was simply rubbed on a bitch.